Controller - pre IPO tech company downtown LA
Position: Corporate Controller Search - Growing, pre-IPO technology company
Location: Downtown Los Angeles, CA
Industry: Technology Manufacturing
Our client, a rapidly growing, pre-IPO technology manufacturing company, is looking for a Controller to lead their accounting team and also to work with the CFO and the external audit firm to grow the Accounting team and to prepare the company for an IPO. This is a newly created position and is the #2 finance professional in the company.
- Manage the accounting team, ensure financial statements are in accordance with GAAP, and perform equity accounting
- Coordinate preparation for the annual audit, along with quarterly reviews with external auditors
- Coordinate special projects, analyses and duties as needed
- Serve as liaison with the tax & legal firms to provide necessary information for related reporting and special requests
- Review the annual operating budgets, plans and forecasts
- Assist with cash management, investment policy compliance, and insurance matters
- Work with the CFO and other executives to prepare the company for an IPO
Experience and skills required:
- B.S. in Accounting/Finance, CPA required
- Big 4 or national CPA firm audit experience (3 years up to Manager/Senior Manager), combined with Accounting and Reporting experience gained on the Accounting/Controllership team of a public company
- Technology manufacturing (or other manufacturing) experience is preferred but not required
- Detailed understanding of accounting and reporting requirements, as well as internal controls implementation and SOX compliance
- Knowledge of GAAP accounting and the ability to work with complex accounting matters
- General understanding of federal, state and local tax compliance
- Experience managing direct reports and the desire to lead, train and manage the work of others
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organization and communication skills
- Candidates with prior IPO or IPO readiness experience are preferred (the IPO experience could be from your time in public accounting or with a company post-public accounting.
This position will pay a base salary in the $180,000-$200,000 range, plus bonus and equity.