Accounts Payable Specialist
Golden Hippo is a young, growing digital marketing company committed to helping everyone live their healthiest life. We create cutting edge health, wellness, and beauty products and work tirelessly to get them into the hands of the people who need them most - our customers. We're growing fast, but our core values remain the same as when we were founded in 2010.
Golden Hippo is currently looking for an experienced Accounts Payable Specialist to join our team in Woodland Hills. This role will be a part of our amazing accounting team and will ensure that all invoices are processed accurately and in a timely manner.
HERE IS WHAT WE OFFER YOU
At Golden Hippo you have a chance to make an impact. You will have the opportunity to be creative, take initiative and grow. A career at Golden Hippo is more than just a job. It's the chance to work among friends every day, to work and play hard, and to see the results of your work firsthand. We work in a lively, laid back work environment with a fully stocked kitchen for our employees to use. We also offer:
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- Matching 401K plan
- In-office CrossFit gym with professional coaches
- Yoga and meditation breaks
- Casual, "no dress code" atmosphere and an open office space
- Highly interactive work with a talented, passionate team
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
WHAT YOUR DAY IS LIKE
- Responsible for all activities in Accounts Payable Function
- Code & input A/P invoices and prepare for payment on a timely basis
- Experienced booking intermediate journal entries
- Three Way Match for Inventory
- Process bank reconciliations
- Ensure proper documentation and approval is secured before payment of invoices
- Urgent check requests handling.
- Handle Vendors communications.
- Responsible for timely and accurate A/P Aging reports.
- Ensure timely payments, upon obtaining approval, and in accordance with payment terms.
- Review all incoming invoices, check requests and expense reports for appropriateness, match with documentation, i.e. purchase orders, etc., obtain proper signature authorizations, determine when they should be paid, assign to appropriate account, enter data and run checks.
- All vendors and invoices should be paid on a timely basis, taking advantage of discounts whenever possible.
- Maintains accounts payable and file back-up documentation. Files should be kept in an organized manner facilitating retrieval.
- Filing, scanning, and maintaining orderly files in A/P area
BEST CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- BA or AA Degree in Accounting desirable
- 3-5 years' accounts payable experience in e-commerce preferred
- 3-5 years' credit and collections experience
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high volume A/P department
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Office software, particularly Excel and Word
- Extensive debit & credit knowledge to assist in decision-making responsibilities
- Ability to be both fast and accurate
- Ability to learn and follow procedures quickly and accurately
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills
- Proactive with problem resolution
- Customer Service oriented
- Detail oriented, well organized, team player
Golden Hippo is always looking for smart, driven self-starters who are excited to build a place for themselves in one of the most fun, exciting companies in Los Angeles. If you thrive on community and communication, learning from your failures, and embracing the unexpected, Golden Hippo just might be the place for you.