Here at Wpromote, one of the nation’s leading digital marketing firms, we invite you to “Think Like A Challenger” and push our clients to take on the 800 lb. gorillas of their industries. Our crew of 300+ digital marketeers breathes in marketing and exhales ROI, and we challenge our clients and ourselves each and every day to surpass yesterday’s expectations! Our award-winning campaigns have helped hundreds of companies from startups to Fortune 500 brands thrive. If you’ve heard of Marriott, Verizon, Papyrus, TOMS, Wienerschnitzel, or Zenni Optical, you’ve heard of our clients. And we want you to join us in making our clients even better.
If you’re not already convinced, our amazing perks have made us one of the Best Places to Work in the US two years running according to Ad Age, and one of Los Angeles’ best places to work 5 years in a row. Here’s why:
- 80% coverage of basic medical, vision, and dental insurance.
- Traditional 401k and/or Roth 401k matching.
- Quarterly team social events, birthday celebrations, chili cook offs, holiday half days and summer half day Fridays, and more.
- Unlimited PTO and an innovative Work From Anywhere policy that gives our employees freedom to stretch their wings- and catch the cable guy.
- Coffee, tea, juice, and cereal. A vending machine that has every snack imaginable.
- Fresh fruit Monday's, Veggie Tuesdays, Yogurt Wednesdays, Throwdown Thursdays, and Bagel Fridays!
- Dog friendly office. Seriously.
- Beautifully designed and modern office: standing desks, outdoor seating, courtyard, and breakout rooms.
- Break time: ping-pong, shuffleboard and Bocce ball. Any time is break time.
- But wait, we have more! We have electric full body massage chairs so you can work while getting a massage.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for the day to day operations of the accounting department, including oversight of the accounting staff, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and general ledger functions. Reporting to the Controller, we need an individual with outstanding organizational skills, attention to detail, the ability to think outside the box and proactively problem solve. The ideal candidate will have experience with digital media and be familiar with revenue and COGS recognition as it relates to an agency organization.
You Will Be
- Coordinating and managing the day-to-day accounting and month-end close activities, including approval of journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Managing revenue recognition for a broad range of clients and engagements that can include retainers, project-based work and percent of media spend fees.
- Confirming proper internal controls are established and followed to maintain the accuracy of financial reporting.
- AR and AP management and review, including vendor review, AR and AP invoice approvals and preparation of aging reports.
- Supporting AR collection activities with a focus on fast cash collections and bad debt management.
- Working closely with the Finance and payroll teams to post monthly payroll and benefit entries and identify and reconcile any discrepancies.
- Coordinating with external auditors and tax consultants in support of annual audit procedures.
- Leading and manage the 1099 process.
- Operating as a trusted business partner and provide excellent levels of service across the organization.
- Proactively maintaining a thorough understanding of new and proposed accounting standards and the impact to the organization.
- Leading or participate in ad hoc projects.
- Providing leadership and and guidance for accounting staff.
- Developing and improve existing policies and procedures to create more efficient processes across
You Must Have
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) with a focus in Accounting or Finance
- At least six (6) years of General Ledger accounting experience
- At least two (2) years of managerial experience
- Working knowledge of NetSuite, or similar ERP, and strong Excel skills are required
- Proficient knowledge of GAAP and recent accounting trends
- Excellent time management skills, ability to juggle multiple projects
- Strong operational experience with a focus on process improvement and documentation
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Previous experience in an agency, digital media and/or other high-growth environments