Who Are We:
When you leave work, do you miss it? Do you wish you were moving your work forward because you knew it would move your entire industry forward, we do.
The people here at Puffco don’t just create products — we create behavior-changing experiences for a community in the millions, with more added every day. The mentality that drives the leadership at Puffco is based on passion and obsession, never by obligation. The excitement of a new idea turning into a tangible product that changes people’s lives is a rare gift, that we cherish daily.
Puffco has already produced the most awarded devices ever in our space, but for us, this is just the beginning. What we’ve created is truly special, and we’re looking for special people to help shape the future of our industry. Join Puffco and you join a family, and a community that you can directly impact. The possibilities are limitless, and the results depend on how deep you care to dive in.
What We’ve Achieved This Year:
- Listed by MG Magazine as one of the 50 best companies for which to work.
- Nominated for Engadget’s “Best Of CES”
- Featured on Vice, Netflix, HBO, and were one of the only products ever to be featured on the Cover of High Times magazine.
- Written about in Forbes, Rolling Stone, Billboard Magazine, and other publications now just tuning into the work we’ve been putting in when no one was paying attention.
- Grew 3x in revenue and 3x in scale, and we have no plans of slowing.
- Released the first-ever smart rig, the Puffco Peak, that created a milestone in consumer electronics that created massive appeal.
- Brought together with the worlds of art and technology with the Puffco Glass Open. It stimulated the billion-dollar glass art industry, providing jobs and creating an impact far beyond what most consumer products can achieve.
- Vastly expanded our distribution to more than 51 different countries, leaving a global impression.
What We’re Looking For:
We are looking for a talented Accounting Manager to join our Finance team! The Accounting Manager will be responsible for monitoring general accounting practices, budgeting, developing internal accounting controls, tracking high volume corporate client accounts and building a strong financial while supervising and mentoring team members. The successful candidate will report directly to our EVP of Finance and play an instrumental role in the growth of our Finance department.
Our ideal candidate will also have managerial and mentoring experience and will be in charge of growing our current Staff Accountant. Our ideal candidate is a problem-solver who thinks critically and views issues holistically to find end-to-end solutions. This person possesses tremendous multi-tasking with a passion for supporting people and being a vital resource to the team.
Some things you will be responsible for:
- Manage the daily accounting functions, focusing on cash management, receivables, and payables
- Plan and direct the activities of the Staff Accountant by providing appropriate training, coaching, and feedback.
- Guide, mentor, and supervise Staff Accountant.
- Responsible for daily reconciliation of sales to cash deposits.
- Ensure monthly bank reconciliations are completed by the staff accountant.
- Ensure completion of all monthly balance sheet reconciliations by staff accountant.
- Validate & post inventory valuation & post-month-end costing journal entries.
- Posting and maintenance of general ledger accounts, payroll transactions, accounts payable, inventory, depreciation, and general ledger adjustments.
- Participate and manage the timely preparation and completion of month end, quarter end, and year-end closing activities.
- Process and enter weekly American Express Business Credit Card entries
- Accounts Payable entry and process vendor set up the paperwork
- Post bi-weekly payroll entries
- Process month-end payroll accrual
- Track and manage employee bonus accrual rates and eligibilities on a monthly basis
- Assist in the development and implementation of improved policies and procedures relating to financial management, budget, and accounting.
- Maintain documentation regarding the existing company policies, procedures, and reporting as it relates to the Finance department
- Support budget and forecasting activities
- Collaborate cross-functionally to support overall company goals and objectives
- Support EVP of Finance with special projects and workflow process improvements. Perform ad hoc financial analyses for special projects
- Present a positive, effective, and flexible contribution to achieving team targets and objectives.
- Work to resolve cases and disputes with payment processors
- Work with an outside agency on tax and ensure monthly/ quarterly taxes are prepared and filed timely
Some qualifications and skills we need you to have:
- 5-7 years of relevant accounting experience
- 3 years of managerial experience
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting, Finance or related fields
- Well-rounded technical US GAAP accounting skills
- Proficient knowledge in Excel required (v-lookup, pivot tables, IF Formulas)
- Minimum 2 years QuickBooks or similar ERP experience required
- Ability to structure work plans and prioritize activities on multiple simultaneous projects and recurring activities
- Strong problem-solving skills; highly analytical thinker
- Detail orientation and ability to identify inconsistencies and provide recommendations
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills; excellent documentation skills
- Comfortable performing in a fast-paced, lean environment
Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive pay, 401K, Medical/Dental/ Vision/Life coverage, Flexible Time-Off
- Amazing pet-friendly office in LA Center Studios with a fun casual and comfortable work environment
- Snacks, lunches, retreats, and SO much more!
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Puffco strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Puffco’s recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Puffco may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
**Additional information about our company can be found at www.puffco.com.
Follow us on Instagram @Puffco