We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
UMG are currently seeking an Accounting Manager within the Central Accounting Services (CAS) division. This position will support the general accounting close cycle and Joint Venture reporting process of UMG's Central Ventures operations. The ideal candidate will have 5-7 years of frontline general ledger experience and must possess a Bachelor's degree in Accounting and CPA credentials are preferred.
Our mission in Central Accounting Services is to continually expand our contribution to the organization through team mentorship, individual development, and creative process improvements. We are looking for an enthusiastic colleague with a dedicated work ethic and sharp mind.
In this role, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to participate in a broad array of accounting, analysis and reporting activities, including:
- Primary responsibility for managing the monthly financial close & reporting processes
- Manage BPO staff in Mumbai to ensure deliverables & work quality is consistent with agreed upon SLA's (service level agreements)
- Review and/or prepare monthly accruals & journal entries
- Review all GL activities for proper accounting
- Review and/or prepare balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare management financial packages, including financial reports, balance sheet reconciliations and supporting analytics to facilitate review of monthly close by senior finance management.
- Review and/or prepare Joint Venture accountings to UMG partners
- Liaise with internal & external auditors and prepare audit schedules as required
- Support special projects, process improvement initiatives & annual SOX testing
Authorized to work in the US.
- Strong Excel & Word skills required
- Experience with HFM
- Experience with SAP or similar general ledger applications
- Joint Venture Accounting experience a plus
- Strong analytical skills required; along with attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills
- 5 to 7 years of broad general ledger accounting; public accounting experience preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting a must, CPA or MBA preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.