We are looking for a young, vibrant individual that has an eye for details and a passion for numbers.
As a start up we need someone with great Excel skills and an innovative way of thinking. We are looking for someone that is hands- on. The successful candidate will be executing more than managing/ consulting. They will also be responsible for the following:
- Monitoring the day-to-day accounting operations within the company, such as payroll, invoicing, and other transactions
- Ensure all entries are recorded and reconciled on a timely basis to support efficient and accurate close process and reporting
- Coordinate the monthly financial close process, including ensuring all costs incurred are properly recorded, reviewing journal entries, account balance reconciliations and report preparation
- Participate in the ongoing development/establishment of accounting policies and procedures and operational strategies including the review and implementation of process and system changes.
- Ensure compliance with internal control policies
- Collaborate with external auditors to ensure successful audit results and compliance
- Interact at all levels and with budget owners or other stakeholders to produce timely, efficient and accurate month-end close and all internal management and financial reporting through annual report
- Responsible for hierarchy and scalability in chart of accounts and accuracy in the general ledger and financial statements and has ultimate authority over classification and booking of all transactions
- Analyze the effect of statutory accounting practices and studies regulations and guidance to ensure correct application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Make recommendations for changes as needed and ensure that company policies and procedures are followed and establishes the proper techniques to discover and prevent fraud
- Assist with compilation of information for preparation of tax returns
- Prepare summary feedback of financial statements variances to budget
- Actively review and advise on financial/accounting processes
- Continued focus on improving system efficiencies and business practices
- Work with Finance Director to ensure overall coordination of all financial accounting activities through annual report
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance required
- Minimum 1-3 years strong practical accounting experience
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Technical acumen for information technology
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required
- Capable of finding effective and efficient solutions to problems independently.
- Nice to have: financial services and/or fin tech experience