The Accounting Manager at Virgin Hyperloop One is directly responsible for financial reporting as well as oversight of the accounts payable/accounts receivable and payroll functions of the company.
We are looking for a reliable Accounting Manager to assist in preparing financial statements that follow all regulatory and accounting guidelines. You will be responsible for identifying and preventing discrepancies and helping set up and maintain control systems.
• Responsible for compliance with all applicable accounting standards, including generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and all other applicable regulatory and legal requirements.
• Perform various month-end and year-end closing procedures within established timelines. This includes management and reconciliation of fixed assets ledgers, payroll and expense accruals, sales tax and local tax reporting, prepaids, liability and equity accounts.
• Oversight of inter-company activity, and the running of foreign currency translation and revalue processes. Includes managing third-party vendors
• Maintain ownership of the capital asset management system and tracking. This includes the maintenance of capital asset records and corresponding depreciation expenses.
• Monitor weekly cashflow and update cash forecast
• Maintain chart of accounts to segregate revenues, expenditures, assets and liabilities to facilitate efficient and effective financial reporting to various internal/external stakeholders
• Manage and coordinate annual audit with the organizations' external auditors for parent and subsidiaries
• Partner with HR to manage the audit compliance requirements for corporate benefit plans
• Responsible for management of credit card, T&E process and related accruals
• Manage and maintain documentation related to internal controls, financial procedures and policies
• Recommend and implement new internal control policies where necessary
• Proactively maintain a thorough understanding of new and proposed accounting standards and implications to the organization
• Manage or participate in special projects (i.e. systems analysis, analysis of certain accounts, etc.), as requested
• Oversee day to day activities of AP/AR and Payroll staff
• Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed
• Great communication and interpersonal skills
• Organized professional with a great eye for detail
• Able to carry out tasks autonomously and collaboratively
• Comfortable in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
• Problem-solver who operates with a sense of urgency
• In-depth understanding of GAAP & Understanding of the P&L, Balance Sheet, and Cashflow Statement and their relationships
• Systems Knowledge: NetSuite, Concur
• Advanced Excel User
• Tech, Aerospace, or Start-up industry experience