Clutter is an on-demand, technology company based in Los Angeles that is disrupting the $50B/year self-storage and moving industries. We’ve built an end-to-end logistics and supply chain platform that enables us to offer consumers a much more convenient solution at price parity with the incumbents. We’ve raised $300M from a number of VCs, including SoftBank, Sequoia, Atomico and GV (formerly Google Ventures). We have 500+ team members and tens of thousands of customers in 7 major markets across the US with plans to be in 50+ markets, domestically and internationally, within the next 5 years!
At Clutter, we're fortunate to be providing a consumer value proposition that people love and one that makes economic sense - a true product/market fit that few startups ever find. To deliver on our promise to consumers, team members and investors, we're focused on hiring, training and retaining exceptional individuals. This means that we have a very thorough interview process and maintain high performance expectations, but we'll always be transparent with you and respectful of your time.
As an Accounting Manager, you will be working directly with the Controller to shape the company’s accounting policies, processes and help build the scalable accounting solutions catering to a high-growth start-up. There will be exciting system implementation projects to shepherd and highly intelligent and insightful teams to work with. In addition to the month-end closes, you will be managing critical accounting functions such as Procure to Pay, Order to Cash and Plan to Consolidation (financial reporting), processes we aim to find innovative ways to continuously improve and add values to the organization. You will also be coaching and mentoring a highly motivated accounting staff.
What you’ll do:
- Month-end close: first review of all accounts, quality control, preparation of certain key accounts analysis (such as revenue and deferred revenue)
- Financial reporting including PL Flux analysis and Cause-of-change for all balance sheet accounts
- Partner with FP&A team to provide detail Overhead details and by vendor analysis, a foundation for Opex forecast
- Partnership with Launch team and external tax firms to ensure local tax and regulatory compliance
- Procure to Pay management
- Help design and document accounting policies
- Fixed assets, capital, and operating lease management
- Expense report management
- Payroll review and approval
- Administrative and people management for staff
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of progressive accounting experience with 2 years of managerial experience in a public or private company
- 5+ years of GL accounting experience including preparation of journal entries and performing period end close procedures and balance sheet reconciliations
- Excellent knowledge of GAAP and complete understanding of accounting principles and financial statements
- Must possess strong quantitative and analytical skills combined with solid business and financial acumen and ability to present to senior management
- Flexible, “special-projects” orientation coupled with solid multi-tasking abilities
- Advanced use of Microsoft Excel (v-lookup, pivot tables, etc.) and ability to perform financial analysis
- Team player in a start-up environment who possesses solid interpersonal and organizational skills, a positive attitude and willingness to roll up your sleeves
- Preferences are CPA/MBA