Greater LA Area
GOAT Group is a fast-paced company seeking an experienced, highly detailed Accounting Manager with excellent communication and strong analytical skills to work closely with the Senior Manager of Accounting and CFO on all strategic and day-to-day accounting processes, as well as manage the staff accountant on the team.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for a multitude of accounting duties including upkeep of the general ledger, reconciliations and support of budget and forecast activities.
In this role you will:
- Work with the Senior Manager of Accounting to perform month, quarter and year-end close in compliance with US GAAP
- Manage the staff accountant’s day to to day operations and long term growth and goals
- Assist with implementing corporate accounting policies and procedures with particular focus on revenue recognition and cash management
- Assist with financial reporting as required for board meetings and other investor related requests
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure
- Prepare journal entries, account reconciliations and account analyses
- Participate in the preparation and process of the annual audit
- Participate in implementation of new ERP system and processes improvement initiatives
- Play an integral role in the continued development, implementation, maintenance and troubleshooting of the company’s financial accounting systems
- Assist with the accounts payable processing of receiving invoices, properly classifying expenses, remitting payments to vendors, maintaining and organizing AP files
- Assist the tax department with the calculation and filing of sales and income tax for various tax authorities
- Work on multiple complex projects owning the process from start to finish with a high degree of autonomy
We are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, economics, or accounting; CPA preferred
- 4-6 years accounting experience; Public Accounting experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of GAAP including experience in the preparation of financial statements
- Exposure to QuickBooks or other accounting systems (Netsuite or Oracle) a plus
- Experience with Expensify, Bill.com or similar expense platforms a plus
- A quick learner, a self-starter, able to work independently, and you're willing (and able) to handle the pressures of an increasing level of responsibility
- Excellent communication, written, and oral skills
- Must show accountability, be a team player and operate with a sense of urgency
- Demonstrate the highest level of personal ethics and professional integrity
Benefits and perks:
- Join the early team and work closely with founders on all aspects of the company
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Competitive salary and generous equity grants
- Daily catered lunches from LA’s best restaurants
- Unlimited vacation
Founded in 2015 and based in Los Angeles, California, GOAT is the safest way to buy and sell sneakers. Whether you’re looking to buy rare sneakers, discover new ones, or earn money by listing sneakers you already own, GOAT is your destination. And with an authentication service, buyer protection guarantee and great customer service, it’s the safest option in the industry.
We are backed by some of the leading names in venture capital including Index Ventures, Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Ashton Kutcher, Guy Oseary, Matrix Partners, NEA, SV Angel, Upfront Ventures and Y Combinator.
GOAT will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable.
Read Full Job Description