RealtyMogul launched in 2013 with one mission: simplify real estate investment by connecting real estate entrepreneurs and investors through cutting-edge technology. We have built a disruptive new business by creating a leading online, crowdfunding, capital markets platform within the traditional real estate industry. Today we are a leading online real estate capital marketplace, offering commercial equity and commercial debt products nationwide, educating our investors, and building a company that will change real estate investing and financing forever.
We are looking for a driven and business-oriented Accounting Manager to join our growing team and help direct financial activities as our business continues to grow. To be successful in this role you’ll have to lead a team, work well cross-functionally, be resourceful, capable of adapting to an ever-changing work environment, and have a high sense of ownership.
This is a ground-floor opportunity to be a key member of a well-capitalized, VC-backed company as we build a sustainable market leading brand in online real estate investing. Join a company spearheading the charge on innovating in an industry that has been left untouched by tech, until now!
What You'll Do:
- Manage senior and staff accountants: supervise, develop and motivate staff, ensuring top performance, positive morale and clearly defined career paths.
- Assist in the management of books and financials for the company’s operating entities, investment vehicles, and real estate investment trusts (REITs), including owning the monthly close process.
- Prepare monthly financial statements (GAAP and Management view), including balance sheets, income statements, cash flows, and stockholders' equity to provide accurate and timely reporting and analysis.
- Prepare accurate and complete annual GAAP financial statements, including required footnotes and relevant financial analysis for the company’s audits.
- Work with the real estate, marketplace operations and other teams to ensure smooth daily operations on both the real estate transaction side and the capital market side.
- Assist in maintaining and enhancing key internal controls and accounting policies and procedures and ensure compliance and consistency throughout the company.
- Coordinate and serve as one of the primary contacts with Company's third parties as related to the accounting department such as external auditors, REIT administrators, and banks.
- Collaborate with the company’s internal tech team and with external vendors to leverage to automate and streamline processes and reporting to support efficient growth and scale.
- Assist with preparation of regulatory filings related to the company’s REITs and its other investment vehicles.
- Collaborate with our tax advisors to prepare year-end tax forms, including 1099s, K-1s, and federal and state returns
- Assist with cash management, including sending distributions to investors
- Assist with technical research and preparation of accounting memos
- Manage the day to day operations of the accounting department
- Partner with the Controller, VP of Finance and Chief Operating Officer to on strategic initiatives and other ad hoc projects
Who You Are:
- You are a CPA, with a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or in Business or Finance with relevant accounting course work
- You have start-up or early stage company experience and/or have worked for a company of 100 employees or less, within the Real Estate, Fintech or Investment industries
- You have a minimum of 5-8 years of accounting experience and at least 2 years’ experience managing a team
- You have experience hiring and building a cohesive accounting team
- You have a solid understanding of US GAAP, general accounting processes, internal controls, financial analysis tools and techniques
- You are well-versed in Microsoft Excel
- Oracle Fusion experience, and real estate or REITs experience are all preferred, but not required