Grindr is looking for an Accountant who can be a key contributor in a high-energy finance department. He/She will be an accountable (pun-intended) team player. This is a full time position reporting to the Accounting Manager at Grindr and is located at our headquarters in West Hollywood.
- Maintain overall accuracy and integrity of the accounts payable function
- Manage accounts payable, corporate credit card program and employee expense reimbursements
- Provide assistance to employees in completing their expense reports
- Review and approve coding of employee expense reports
- Accurately enter all payables invoices into Oracle and manage the invoice approval process
- Be the main point of contact regarding A/P invoices and payments to vendors
- Perform and maintain balance sheet reconciliations during month-end close
- Provide proper recordkeeping for other various audits that may come up (IRS, 401k) and other potential requestors like tax returns and provision
- Other projects/tasks as assigned
- Detailed oriented and willing to roll up the sleeves to get things done
- Flexible and resourceful enough to deal with urgent requests, and sudden and unexpected issues come up from time to time
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Working knowledge of ERP systems, experience in Oracle is a plus.
- Ability to systematically organize and prioritize multiple activities and/or projects to meet competing deadlines
- Sufficient understanding of GAAP
- Bachelor's degree (accounting, business, or finance major preferred)
- Minimum 2 years of accounts payable experience
Why Work at Grindr?
Since 2009, Grindr has built the world’s largest social network for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. Now more than just an app, we’re a family of lifestyle brands with the shared mission to connect LGBTQ people with the world around them:
- Grindr – The location-based social app that started it all. Over 3 million people use Grindr daily, from every country on the planet.
- INTO – A digital magazine dedicated to queer perspectives: news, culture, commentary, video, and more.
- Grindr for Equality (G4E) – Our social mission to promote justice, health, and safety for LGBTQ individuals around the globe.
- Gaymoji – A one-of-a-kind collection of over 500+ stickers available on iOS, Android, and in the Grindr app.
Behind the brands, Grindr is an inclusive and passionate family of thinkers, innovators, leaders, and most importantly, doers. We’re fueled by endless curiosity, constant collaboration, and a knack for crossing every finish line – all within an agile growth environment. We also enjoy tons of perks, great social events, and stunning views from our HQ in West Hollywood.
Benefits & Perks
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous Parental Leave
- Unlimited sick policy
- Competitive Salaries
- Catered daily lunch
- Stocked kitchen
- Free on-site parking
- Casual dress environment
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to Grindr without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.