Wordpress Developer, Marketing (Freelance)
The Tala Marketing Team is looking for a stellar, highly skilled Wordpress/Front-End Web Developer on a freelance basis. Our site is built on a recent implementation from Wordpress VIP, and we’re in need of a developer resource for small- and medium-sized projects on an ongoing basis.
As an experienced marketing developer, you should be comfortable with all aspects of front-end web development, knowledgeable of marketing best practices and tactics, and flexible in finding the right solutions for our marketing dev process. We’re a data-driven, nimble startup that works fast and thrives on rigorous testing.
What you’ll do:
- Working primarily with the Tala Brand Marketing team, you’ll take on both small Wordpress development projects (plugin installation and security checks via github, website functionality changes and new design implementations, general Wordpress site updates and maintenance) and medium-sized projects (blog page redesign, community integration, analytics implementations)
- Collaborate with the marketing creative team to implement new designs and wireframes on an ad-hoc basis
What you’ll need:
- 3-5 years experience in web development, preferable within or in support of a marketing or growth org
- Wordpress experience highly preferred. The ideal candidate is a Wordpress expert, skilled at creating all aspects of Wordpress sites from start to finish
- Expert knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Familiar with the block-based editor, Gutenberg
- Experienced with lifecycle marketing implementations, email capture forms, A/B testing platforms, etc.
- Visual design experience preferred. At the very least, you have an eye for compelling marketing design
- Strong experience with mobile-first design
- SEO experience is a plus
- You have strong communication skills and are easy to work with, and prioritize speed and quality
- You can work mostly independently, are truly self-motivated
- You’re comfortable with well established timelines and deadlines
- Are passionate about working with a mission-driven company with a goal of enabling financial empowerment for people living in underdeveloped financial countries