Vehicle Engineering Technician
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters are available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
- Hands on electrical and Mechanical Tech support for Vehicle Engineering-
- Hands on testing
- PCB reworks
- Prototype harness builds
- Vehicle assembly and modifications
- Issue investigations
- Tools and shop management and organization, supplies inventory management
- Data collection
- Fixture projects
- Equipment calibrations and records keeping
- Dynamometer and other equipment operation and care
- Associates Degree in Engineering or 2-5 years of applicable work experience
- Electronics technician hands-on skills: soldering, PCB rework, building cables
- Mechanic, machine shop and electrical hands-on project skills
- Formula SAE is a plus
- Strong understanding of vehicle systems
- A creative curiosity, collaborative work ethic, hardworking enthusiasm
- Excellent communication skills and team working tendencies
- Multi-tasking and self starting
- Familiarity with data logging tools
- Fabrication Skill
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.
Read Full Job Description