Test Development Engineer
Bird is a last-mile electric vehicle sharing company dedicated to bringing safe, low-cost, environmentally-friendly transportation solutions to communities across the world. We provide a fleet of electric, shared scooters that can be accessed via smartphone. Bird is headquartered in Venice, California and is rapidly expanding across the country and the world.
- Perform functional manual testing of new & existing features to cover all UX/business use cases and performance tests; ensure error handling and boundary conditions work as defined in product specifications
- Work closely with product, design & engineering teams to help define quality metrics, and create use-case scripts to facilitate ad-hoc testing
- Ensure test planning, test framework, execution, and reporting is efficient, and coordinated
- Support and enforce engineers in writing tests to maintain high test coverage
- Monitor failures and crashes, report bugs
- Bring in new or better alternate automated testing tools
- Maintain mobile and web release cycles along with comprehensive release notes
- SQL experience. Postgresql is a plus
- Distributed Computing experience
- API testing Software testing working with various technologies including distributed Internet technologies
- Proven experience creating, executing and reviewing results of functional, integration, and regression testing
- Experience using the command line
Nice to have:
- Excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures and algorithms.
- Ability to design and implement test automation & unit testing frameworks
- Experience with open source test tools
- Experience with object-oriented programming languages
Bird Rides Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer, and we welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Read Full Job Description