Systems Integration Manager
The Hyperstructures team is responsible for the design, development and integration of structures, mechanisms and systems of the Hyperloop Infrastructure that make travel on the transportation system of the future possible. As Systems Integration Manager, your work will be instrumental in developing a safe, cost effective, and robust transportation system. We are seeking candidates with broad skillsets and various levels of experience to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals at our Los Angeles facility.
This position will play a key role in setting the standards for integration for Virgin Hyperloop One’s transportation system of the future that will be used around the world.
• Develop Systems Integration and Interface Management Plans
• Establish and maintain a systematic, documented, comprehensive, and verifiable integration process for wayside systems to be applied throughout the duration of the development life cycle.
• Develop and manage interface control documents
• Coordinate and manage interface to vendors and contractors
• Coordinate and manage interfaces to other disciplines and internal teams
• Review designs from internal teams as well as from external consultants
The Hyperstructures Integration Manager’s profile include:
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Broad engineering skills with the ability to thrive in a technically uncertain environment
• Willingness to work in a fast-paced engineering environment and ability to effectively manage tasks and meet challenging deadlines
• Ability to manage projects and lead a small team in such way that each contributor’s output is amplified by group collaboration
• Ability to manage and organize large amounts of information
• Work effectively as a team member, work with little supervision, and communicate effectively with team members
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate across time zones and cultures to collaborate with international development and construction partners.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
• BS degree in engineering discipline or related field
• Strong experience working in technology development and project delivery in relevant engineering industries (e.g. rail, aerospace, automotive, defense, energy, etc.)
• Proven systems engineering and integration experience on large complex projects
• Familiarity with systems engineering tools and processes
• Ability to work independently, within a team, and with other groups
• System engineering and integration experience on large rail programs (e.g. High-speed Rail, Personal Rapid Transit)
• Proven experience with model-based systems engineering (MBSE) tools and processes (e.g. Capella and Arcadia method).
• MS and/or PhD degree in an engineering discipline or a related field, MBA with focus in engineering management, and/or PMI credentials.
• Experience in certification, qualification and testing of systems for regulatory approval in the aerospace or rail industry.