1. Position Overview
At Romeo Power Technology the Systems Engineering team is seeking a highly motivated and ambitious Systems Engineer to join our growing team in the Los Angeles, CA area. As part of a multi-disciplinary team, you will work alongside our elite engineers to build world-class battery systems.
What is a Systems Engineer? At Romeo Power these are some of our most highly valued and versatile team members. The Systems Engineer is primarily responsible for envisioning how the product will be taken from concept to production, defining the system architecture, identifying requirements, and leading the technical team to successful product launch. The Systems Engineer should know enough about mechanical, electrical, and software engineering to speak intelligently about all of them and understand their interaction. Additionally, a Systems Engineer will be responsible for overall system design and integrity, will lead design reviews, and will answer to the highest levels of the organization with respect to the technical aspects of a product. The Systems Engineer position is the ideal role for an exceedingly sharp engineer who is insatiably curious about all aspects of engineering (mech, elec, soft) and wishes they could be involved in everything!
- Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintain an integrated view of product and safety lifecycle.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to develop the safety analysis and strategy at the system, hardware, and software level.
- Work with Applications Engineering and Customer Success to develop Customer Needs and Requirements.
- Act as the technical liaison with customers during the detailed engineering phase.
- Work with Program Management to develop the Systems Engineering Management Plan.
- Document System Architecture and System Requirements, conduct requirements reviews.
- Work with the design team to create subsystem requirements traced back to system/customer requirements.
- Develop a Verification and Validation plan traced back to system/customer requirements.
- Conduct design reviews of subsystems and full systems.
- Conduct design for manufacturing (DFM) reviews of products/systems.
- Manage requirements and perform impact analysis when requirements change.
- Perform system DFMEA, track corrective actions, drive design changes.
- Verify test results and trace them back to system requirements.
- Participate in cross-functional collaborations to resolve problems.
- Conduct root cause analysis and drive corrective actions.
- Basic Qualifications
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or related technical field, MS preferred.
- 5+ years of experience and at least 2+ years in a multi-disciplinary role.
- Experience in effectively operating within diverse and cross-functional groups.
- Experience in a fast paced environment with ability to adapt and change priorities as the business needs change.
- Leadership qualities, including meeting facilitation, time management, organizational skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to tailor communication to audience to achieve desired results.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and adapt to changing priorities; self-motivated and creative problem solver.
- Written communication skills: writes clearly and informatively; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with CATIA, Enovia, and/or PLEX.
- Knowledge of functional safety standards e.g. (IEC 61508, ISO 26262).
- Knowledge of, and experience with, failsafe concepts and strategies for safety related systems.
- Experience in defining technical system requirements.
- Experience with control systems, power systems, thermal systems, and/or industrial processes.
- Experience with requirements management tools (i.e. JAMA, DOORS, Polarion).
- Requirement based automotive system development experience.
- Experience with FMEA and fault tree analysis.
- Strong aptitude towards detailed and rigorous work emphasizing simple and elegant design architectures for mass production.
- Strong presentation and leadership skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Romeo Power is a startup company located in Vernon, CA. just south of Downtown L.A., we design, and manufacture EV battery technology for various electric mobility platforms. Several of our talented staff come from Tesla, SpaceX, Faraday Future, Karma and other known unique and powerful companies. We are a group of highly-motivated and extremely talented staff that is set on launching products that will revolutionize the EV battery industry in power density.