Structural Dynamics Engineer
Greater LA Area
Team and Role Overview:
At Relativity, we reimagine the way rockets are built and flown. We are looking for a Structural Dynamics Engineer to help us achieve our ambitious goal of launching a 3D printed rocket. You will report directly to the Senior Manager of Vehicle Engineering.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives:
To support our mission of changing people’s conception of the way rockets are built and flown, you will develop and execute Relativity’s technical roadmap for mid- to high-frequency dynamics in cooperation with the company’s engineering management team. You will also help build a world-class dynamics engineering organization at the cutting edge of commercial aerospace.
The projects you’ll be responsible for could include any or all of the following:
-Develop dynamic environments predictions for Terran 1 systems, components, and payloads using empirical, experimental, and analytical approaches as required
-Drive the design of major Terran 1 system elements to meet criteria for vibration, acoustics, and shock
-Define and lead dynamics testing campaigns, such as for source shock, engine vibroacoustics, aeroacoustics, and secondary structure random vibration
-Build internal capability to develop and communicate high-frequency dynamic environments, including custom tool sets, commercial code, databases, and data processing tools and methodology
In order to be successful in this role, you should be someone who thrives in ambiguity and is able to lead their own projects into completion. Ideally, you are someone who has come from a fast paced, aerospace environment, having completed difficult projects while collaborating effectively with other key groups.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies:
- An undergraduate or graduate degree (BS/MS/PhD) in engineering or related field and 5+ years relevant experience
- Expert in structural dynamics, vibration and/or acoustic analysis (aerospace preferred)
- Experience with vibration, shock, and acoustic testing at the component and system levels
- Vehicle program experience from concept through V&V/certification
- Experience solving complex dynamics problems on integrated vehicles
- Proficiency in an engineering scripting language, such as MATLAB or Python
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Graduate degree (MS/PhD) in engineering or related field 10+ years relevant experience
- Experience with fatigue and damage tolerance
- Hands-on experience with testing, instrumentation, and data analysis
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description