Rival is building a platform for the most coveted live events on the planet. We are a technology company with an exceptional team of talented and experienced engineers who have come together to build something the right way, from the ground up.
We are using leading edge technologies to build a large scale platform that solves the many challenges of bringing millions of fans together for the music and sports events that they love.
We’re looking for people who are passionate about building things, enjoy continuing to learn and grow, and who value open communication and collaboration. This role will work in our dog friendly, Playa Vista office, however we are open to remote employees on a case-by-case basis. We have competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and unlimited PTO.
About the Role
We are looking for experienced Quality Engineers who love what they do and want to be involved in more than just test automation and testing our products. Automation is a critical part of our process and culture. To us, test automation covers more than just unit and functional testing, it includes load, failover, and security automation.
A high quality product meets requirements for end users, but it also entails having a process in place that allows the team to work efficiently. This means that in addition to developing frameworks that are easy for other engineers to contribute to, QEs at Rival also write build and release process automation. We work mostly in pytest, Jest, Enzyme, Node.js based Selenium, Appium, Locust, Jenkins, Terraform, and AWS, but you may come from other backgrounds or be proficient in other languages.
We are building an ambitious technology platform in a highly collaborative environment where engineers, product managers, and designers work closely together. Quality Engineers gather requirements, support development, play a large role in the release process, and will support the product once it’s been launched.
- A strong engineering background and an effective cross-functional communicator
- Know the difference between unit, functional, integration, API, and UI tests
- Experience building test frameworks in an efficient, reusable way
- Experience with modern automation frameworks - we use Jest, Pytest, Enzyme, Selenium, Locust, etc., but it’s okay if you’ve worked with similar frameworks
- Experience with SQL and relational databases in general
- Bonus points if you’ve had professional experience with constructing solutions to measure performance, Continuous Integration and Deployment, and/or mobile automation
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.