SRE - Site Reliability Engineer
SimplePractice is the future of practice management. We’re at the forefront of making it simple for clinicians to run and grow their practices and growing quickly.We’ve built the highest-rated practice management software and we’re on track to become the market leader.
We are looking for our first SRE - Site Reliability Engineer who has a strong experience with Ruby on Rails based applications.
Under the supervision of the CTO, you will be responsible for deploying, automating, maintaining, troubleshooting and improving the systems that keep our cloud based EHR system running securely and smoothly.
What You’ll Work On
- You will spend up to 50% of your time doing "ops" related work such as issues, on-call, and manual intervention
- You will spend the other 50% your time on development tasks such as new features, scaling or automation
- Identify and define system reliability and security requirements
- Engineer, implement and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and information
- Be accountable for backups, performance, uptime, logging, alerts, and testing
- Perform code security audits
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation
- Automate the provisioning, configuration, scaling, and monitoring of our platform
- Perform periodic information security and training and the whole company and tailored training to individual departments
- Lead incident response trainings
- Evaluate risk assessment results and formulate corrective action plans
The ideal candidate
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or equivalent) or higher degree
- Has 2+ years experience with Ruby on Rails development
- Strong coder who also has operational, systems or networking knowledge and likes to whittle down complex tasks
- Confident working with Linux based production environments (preferably CentOS/RHEL)
- Hands-on knowledge of high-availability/reliability strategies such as load balancing, failover, clustering and disaster recovery
- Production experience in the following technologies:
- Ruby on Rails Stack: NGINX, Phusion Passenger, MySQL, Redis, Sidekiq
- Monitoring Tools: DataDog, Newrelic, Kibana
- AWS: Cloudwatch, S3, Cloudfront, Route 53
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex infrastructure resource and application deployment issues
- Problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure
- Passion, drive, energy, a sense of humor and a great attitude!
- CISSP or equivalent
- Experience with compliance standards PCI/HIPAA
- Knowledge of Chef, Vormetric, Capistrano and Semaphore
- Familiarity with industry security standards and guidelines (SysTrust, SSAE 16, OWASP, etc.)
- Working experience in authentication technologies, including OAuth and SAML
- Beautiful location near the 3rd Street Promenade next to the beach, with countless incredible food hotspots
- Meditation room for the mindful
- Stocked fridges and pantry with lots of healthy options
- Weekly catered gourmet company lunches
- Bring your dog to work!
- Medical and dental healthcare
- Generous vacation time
Why work at SimplePractice?
- Join a team that’s incredibly passionate about helping people. Our product underpins foundational behavioral health work that really does make a difference
- Be one of the first members of our US engineering team in our new Santa Monica office
- Impressive stable growth enables SimplePractice to hire an outstanding team
- Company trips to Europe to work with our European engineering team
- Work with and learn from an experienced CTO
- Work on exciting new features across web and mobile platforms
- Use the latest version of the latest frameworks
- Impeccably maintained codebase with CI, codestyle analysis, linting, QA and review and staging servers. Nothing legacy to see here.
- Talented design team