Sr. Software Test Engineer
Greater LA Area
Core Digital Media is looking for a Sr. Software Test Engineer to join its growing team. Our technology team is responsible for the development and operations of all the consumer-facing web applications, our marketing platform and internal tools. We are leaders in online advertising – with a mobile first mentality. The marketing platform is built in-house and customized. We are a fast-paced working environment using Agile methodologies.
Our applications are constantly evolving to keep up with latest developments in software industry. We leverage the power of Java and popular frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate, AngularJS for building enterprise-class applications. We are also moving our applications to a microservice oriented architecture to be CI/CD and cloud compatible.
We are looking for a Sr. Software Test Engineer to join our growing QA Department. The role will focus on testing and automation related to our consumer-facing web applications and internal tools.
Summary of Position
- Create test strategy for automated testing of newly created and existing applications and projects
- Create and maintain automated test scripts, regularly execute scripts and triage automation failures
- Create both functional, UI driven automated test cases and automated API test cases
- Participate in software design discussions, reviews and test strategy sessions
- Provide quality assurance estimates for resource and project planning purposes
- Create test data and maintain automated test suites as well as test case suites.
- Support, follow up and troubleshoot the issues found.
- Work closely with the Agile team to review requirements & design for testability and develop an automated test strategy
- Write and maintain all required automation for assigned projects
- Execute automation, triage failures and report results
- Identify, track, and follow through on issues and defects
- Manage scope and priorities to complete automation efforts on time
- Insure the project’s deliverables and activities comply with requirements and QA standards
- Deliver automation code that meets quality standards defined by the team
- Participate in code reviews of automation code
- Mentor other employees when needed
- Work with the extended Agile team members to deliver projects on time with high quality
- Strong knowledge and experience of automating tests with TestCafé for UI and Postman for API
- Knowledge of automating tests with Selenium Web Driver and Appium in Java
- Knowledge of Oracle and strong ability to perform SQL queries
- Ability to quickly automate test cases with minimal guidance
- Problem solving and excellent analytical skills with attention to detail
- Proven ability to prioritize and work effectively on multiple concurrent efforts, and quickly change priorities in a fast paced environment
- Ability to approach technical challenges innovatively to find new solutions through automation and other tools
- Strong knowledge of Quality Assurance methodologies and best practices
- Strong technical knowledge of web application framework and infrastructure
- Ability to work with cross functional team and resolve problems and conflicts
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies, techniques, and ever evolving industry standards
- Solid knowledge of software development life cycles
- Knowledge of test case management systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Effective organizational skills
- Ability to work as a part of a self-directed team in which you determine your tasks on a daily basis in coordination with co-workers rather than waiting for work to be assigned to you
- Strong work ethic and commitment to getting the job done
- Understanding of Agile
- Proficiency in CI/CD automation through Jenkins
- Knowledge of version control systems such as Git and Gitlab
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of experience in QA automation
- Experience with automated test tools and frameworks including TestCafé, Postman, Selenium Webdriver and Appium.
- Experience creating automated scripts for both desktop and mobile (android and iOS)
Read Full Job Description