Sr. Software Engineer - Search Services
MyLife is seeking a Sr. Software Engineer with strong Java development experience. This position is part of the Search Platform Team and fills a Sr. Software Engineer role with expertise in building scalable platforms.
As a senior member of our team, the candidate will be responsible for enhancing the company’s Solr and Elasticsearch based search clusters. The Platform team is tasked with adding new data sets and moving our big data sets from Oracle to Elasticsearch. All team members must have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, fluency in coding, good communication skills, and most of all, enthusiasm for tackling complex problems.
The candidate will have the following responsibilities with the potential of expanding:
- Hands-on coding: develop and maintain high quality code base, consistently delivering challenging, stable and maintainable projects on schedule
- Keep documentation up to date
- Research, architect, plan and test, the integration of system upgrades and the introduction of new technologies to existing platforms
- Stay current with new technologies, and industry best practices; particularly those dealing with Java frameworks, Design Patterns and NoSQL storage systems
- Researching and developing solutions to meet enterprise wide needs.
The candidate shall have a broad background in messaging technologies and shall have demonstrated proficiency in the following areas:
- 5+ years of strong, hands-on Java, J2EE development skills
- Strong Experience in Lucene based search, either ElasticSearch or Solr
- Strong Experience developing Java MapReduce jobs and executing on a Hadoop HDFS system
- Strong Experience developing RESTful Web Services
- Strong Knowledge of NoSQL technologies
- Experience with Spring, Spring MVC, Spring Security, Maven & Multithreaded programmin
- Experience with O/R mapping tools like Hibernate or MyBatis
- Experience with relational database design, Oracle or MySQL
- Experience with messaging systems like ActiveMQ or RabbitMQ or ZeroMQ
- Experience with application servers like Tomcat/JBoss and web servers like Apache/Nginx
- Mastery of object oriented design, design patterns, and programming skills
- Experience working cross-functionally with a Product Manager or Email Marketing Campaign Manager preferred
- High proficiency with SQL and database design (PL/SQL a plus)
- Working knowledge of Unix, preferably Linux
- Experience with building large scale, distributed, highly scalable enterprise server systems
- Excellent team player with strong collaboration skills; ability to work with various cross functional teams on multi-team projects (Agile/SCRUM)
- Strong sense of commitment and responsibility.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent 8+ years of relevant experience
What's in it for you:
- Great Base Salary
- Profit Sharing Bonuses
- Casual Atmosphere
- Amazing benefits packages including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, FSA and 401k
MyLife.com, Inc. (“MyLife”) is the only service helping people control their Background Report and Reputation Score. MyLife gathers public information from government websites and other sources to make people aware of what anyone can learn about them online. This is information people have a right to know. Then MyLife allows people to see, verify, edit, enhance, and monitor this information on their MyLife Background Report –– giving everyone the ability to look their best to the world, improving their lives personally and professionally. The company was founded in 2002 and is located in Los Angeles, CA, and has over 40 million members. For more information, please visit http://www.mylife.com.
Company Culture & Perks:
As an internet company we provide a Casual work environment with Flexible Start Times as well as free drinks and snacks, Perks include; Breakfast Bagel Mondays, a fully catered Friday lunch, monthly birthday celebrations with Cake & refreshments, a lounge with a large flat screen TV and plenty of company parties to celebrate our ongoing successes and product releases.