Sr. Software Engineer, Front End
Attributes of an AirMap Front End Engineer
- You've shipped client-side React apps and have a solid grasp of React's API and component lifecycle.
- You've probably worked with some other front end frameworks too, like Angular, Ember, or Vue.
- You understand Flux application architecture and you've worked with Flux implementations like Redux.
- You care about creating thoughtful, performant user experiences and have a good eye for design.
- You've worked with UI styleguides and/or component libraries.
- You understand HTTP protocol and have integrated apps with RESTful APIs.
- You have an opinion about how APIs are designed.
- You know how and when to use build tools like: Webpack, Browserify, Gulp, Grunt, Babel, Sass, PostCSS, and plain old shell scripts.
- You've built maps on Google Maps, Apple Maps, Mapbox or Leaflet.
- You appreciate the importance of running automated tests and writing testable code.
- You can profile an application's performance and provide recommendations on ways to improve it.
- You can debug cross-browser compatibility issues without breaking a sweat.
- You enjoy teaching people new skills and mentoring other engineers.
- You know the difference between a serif and sans-serif font, and you have an opinion about when to use each.
- You get the Agile development environment.
- You’re a good problem solver and a good communicator.
Bonus Points if…
- You like aviation and drones!
- You've worked with server-side React and/or React Native.
- You’re familiar with data visualization tools (e.g., D3.js).
- You've done some back end work in Node or Go.
- You’re proficient with AWS.
- You actively contribute to Open Source software.
Ready for your next challenge? We'd love to hear from you! Submit your application so we can start the conversation.