Sr. Java Developer
Greater LA Area
Core Digital Media is seeking a Senior Java Developer to join its Engineering team to work in a fast-paced start-up like environment. The Senior Developer will be a key participant in the design, development and delivery of mission-critical Web applications. We are looking for a pro-active, self-motivated, well-rounded and hands-on individual who likes to work in a fun and collaborative environment.
About our Technology Department:
Our technology team is responsible for the development and operations of all the consumer-facing web applications as well as internal tools. We constantly optimize our web sites, increasingly so for mobile devices. The majority of the tools that enable our marketing team to be a leader in online advertising are built in-house.
Our technology platform runs on a highly scalable, modern Cisco UCS-based virtual infrastructure which extends to the cloud for disaster recovery. We use advanced monitoring tools such as Splunk and AppDynamics to quickly identify production issues.
We leverage the power of Java and popular frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate, React and NodeJS for building enterprise-class applications. We take advantage of new initiatives to introduce technologies such as MongoDB, Zookeeper, Kafka, Yarn and Spark to keep our stack current.
- Write high quality, standards compliant and maintainable code
- Troubleshooting and debugging the application issues
- Self-reliant and able to work as individual or in teams
- Strong core Java skills (1.5 or above)
- Good knowledge of Java EE concepts, JEE standards and design patterns
- Strong experience in Spring Framework, Spring MVC, Spring Boot and Hibernate
- Strong experience with Test Driven Development using unit testing and integration testing frameworks
- Strong experience with multithreaded and highly scalable server side development
- Experience with application servers such as Tomcat or JBoss
- Experience in relational databases, preferably Oracle, and hands on in SQL
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in Java based consumer facing web application development
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Ability to adapt to various technologies and frameworks
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Ability to exercise good judgment, prioritize multiple tasks, and problem solving under pressure of deadlines and resource constraints
Read Full Job Description