Sr. Front-End Engineer
We’re looking for a Sr. Front-End Engineer that can take our FloQast product user experience to the next level. You will play a key role in expanding and improving our current product line, be a top voice of front-end libraries, living style guide, and direction, and work with design and product to continuously make the product user experience better.
FloQast is a SaaS based company innovating solutions in the task management software and accounting space. We believe that our fresh approach to the accounting close process represents a massive opportunity to dramatically improve the day to day lives of accountants and their teams. Our software helps save clients countless hours, days, and weeks of time while also empowering them to achieve the highest degree of transparency, accuracy, and control of their process.
**On-site applicants who are authorized to work in the US, no remote developers or Visa sponsorships are available at this time
What you’ll do...
- Collaborate with others. You will work closely with cross-functional peers across an assortment of features that need front-end expertise and direction.
- Hands on development. Your day will consist of development, code reviews, and collaborative work. Our engineers care about reviews and code quality while iterating quickly.
- Help shape front end development direction. You will get deep into our UI component library, improve front-end patterns and practices, and care deeply about the user experience at each step
We’re looking for someone with...
- 3+ years experience leading or contributing to large scale production level projects in a professional environment.
- Great understanding of UX concepts. Has built up a mental library of common UI challenges and how to address them.
- Experience using one or more modern front-end frameworks like React, Angular, or Vue (React preferred).
- Experience building SPAs or PWAs from scratch and familiarity with the surrounding web APIs and how to measure, calculate, and improve performance.
- Experience testing front-end applications with a combination of unit, integration, and functional tests using Jest, Enzyme, Cypress, or other similar frameworks.
- Experience with webapp security, accessibility, bug, and/or performance monitoring and tools.
- Great people skills. Recognizes the importance of the team in their success and lifts the skills of those around them.
Nice to have...
- Total comfort with RESTful APIs
- Working knowledge of CSS preprocessors, frameworks and architecture or CSS in JS alternatives, package managers and build tools such as Node, npm/yarn, prettier, ESLint, Webpack, Rollup, and TypeScript
- Server side rendering, static websites, or mobile and desktop applications experience
- Web animations, design, wireframing, mocks, prototyping, or other creative skills that can help us stand out and move faster
- Deployment tooling and process for SPA apps in a DevOps culture that favors continuous delivery
- Back-end development, AWS, or other neighboring skills.
- Experience working in an agile/scrum environment
- Accounting experience or work on similar types of applications
Why join FloQast? www.floqast.com
FloQast is a fast growing, Los Angeles-based, early-stage company redefining how a critical business process (financial close) is performed. Our growth and success is fueled by a passion to define and dominate the Close Management Software market. We are the first company of our kind to focus specifically on the mid-market. Our prospects have been hungry for a solution like FloQast for years and the response to our solution has been overwhelmingly positive.
- FloQast offers competitive compensation, stock options, full benefits, and a positive and supportive work environment
- We are fanatics about the success of our customers. Check us out on G2 Crowd
- We are equally fanatic about creating and maintaining a fabulous culture of support and success for all employees. Check out what people are saying on Glassdoor
- We are moving quickly and there is huge upside opportunity in terms of career growth
- Ranked 11th on the 2018 Best Places to Work by LA Business Journal
- FloQast ranked on The SaaS 1000