Sr. Front End Engineer - Society6
Society6 is a print on demand marketplace whose goal is to empower its community of incredibly talented artists to create and sell art online through over 60 unique product offerings. Our focus is on creating high quality products that bring joy into the homes and lives of our large and growing customer base. We take pride knowing our artists make a living by selling their artwork and designs through Society6.
Our team is located in Santa Monica, CA, and we’re looking for the next generation of tech leaders who understand that simplicity and reliability are aspects of a system to be carefully calculated with every decision made. The ideal candidate is passionate about engineering, great user experiences, and is excited to work on initiatives that help build our business.
Our frontend platform is built primarily using React, Redux and Node.js. Expertise in React is a huge plus, but familiarity with ES6 and JS frameworks such as Angular and Vue are fine substitutes.
Expertise in CSS, CSS preprocessors, responsive frameworks, and cross-browser testing is required.
As a Senior Frontend Software Engineer, you will be involved in every step of the development process. If you're seeking an environment where you can have ownership, problem solve with other talented engineers, continue to learn, advance your career, let’s have a conversation.
You’ll Report To: Senior Manager for Front End, Society6
What You'll Be Doing:
- You'll work with a team of high level dedicated engineers and product managers in the creation of our e-commerce platform, tools for artists, mobile optimized sites, and search / discovery for our millions of pieces of art
- You'll collaborate with team members to conceptualize and build well-crafted scalable solutions that will meet the demands of our high volume of daily traffic and daily transactions
- You'll constructively provide feedback and insights to your peers through code reviews and other discussions
- You'll produce high-quality results by leading or contributing heavily to large cross-functional projects that have a significant impact on the business
- You'll improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
You’ll be successful if you are a Front End Engineer who specializes in using UI technologies to develop a scalable highly interactive site.
What You Should Have:
- You have been building front end web applications professionally for 4+ years
- You have a strong understanding of building web applications powered by RESTful APIs
- You deeply care about web performance, loading fast, and staying fast
- You write testable, maintainable, and understandable code
- You have a passion for knowledge, continued learning, and sharing it with others
- You are a strong communicator. You can explain complex topics to peers, the product team, and other non-technical team members
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats - no job being too small or too large.
- We're casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. A pleasant and supportive demeanor goes a long way.
- Experience with Redux middleware, universal js, and build tools such as Webpack
- Any knowledge in testing with Jest and Enzyme and with Node
Who We Are:
Leaf Group is a diversified Internet company that builds platforms to enable communities of creators to reach passionate audiences in large and growing lifestyle categories. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of art, design and technology. We want people with an intense curiosity, a commitment to high quality service, who embrace the fun of the journey. Come help us disrupt and transform the digital media and art world!
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. We encourage all of our employees to learn and grow personally and professionally so they can assume greater responsibilities and advance their careers within the department or within one of our operating businesses. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
What We Have:
- Well+Good is the 2019 People's Choice winner of the Webby’s Award for Best Lifestyle Brand
- eHow is the 2019 People's Choice and official Webby Winner for Social Video/How To-DIY
- Leaf Group is among the 2019 Built In LA Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among Comparably's 2018 Best Companies in Los Angeles
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages (i.e., Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401K)
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.