Sr. DevOps Systems Engineer
We are looking for an experienced Sr. Systems Engineer to join our DevOps organization. This person should have strong Linux background and should be able to operate independently, flexibly, and proactively. He/She has excellent analytical and problem solving skills, who can support and guide our continuous delivery implementation with right balance of security and speed. If you are interested in systems side of software delivery to production environment programmatically, we are interested in you.
- Responsible for investigating and guiding DevOps team in implementing industry standard best practices from Linux system administration perspective. Specifically in regards to risk mitigation, security, automation and continuous delivery.
- Administer server hardware, Linux operating system and selected system applications.
- Work with Development teams on application specific usage, performance tuning, and troubleshooting for Linux based systems
- Serves as primary or secondary point of contact for various components of the Linux system.
- Respond to any service outage that affects the availability of the production website.
- Responsible for daily website usage and availability.
Skills we are looking for:
- Installing, Configuring and Securing RHEL, Centos, Fedora, or Oracle Linux
- Setting up IDS (host & network IDS, network IDS), Securing OS, Web Servers and Java containers
- Encryption/Security Appliance Administration
- Ability to program in any language is must (Shell/Python/Perl/Ruby)
- Setting up and supporting virtualization (cloning, DRS, HA)
- Big IP LTM, DNS BIND
- Automation experience (Puppet/Ansible/Chef ), configuration management experience and Git
- Knowledge/experience of SSL certificate management, bonus points for experience in automating SSL management
- Apache web-based application management
- Physical hardware experience – racking, cabling
- 24/7 on-call rotation experience
Nice to have:
- Setting up EC2, S3 and VPC on AWS manually and programmatically using Cloudformation/Terraform
- Configuring and supporting Splunk for search and security
- Storage Administration experience with VNX, ZFS & NFS
- Container Cluster setup and configuration (Docker/Kunbernetes)
- Networking Experience (Setting up tunnels, firewall and router/switches)
- Middleware experience with JBoss/Wildfly, embedded server (Tomat/Jetty) architecture
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
- 5 years of experience