Sr. DevOps Engineer
Leaf Group is looking for a Sr. DevOps Engineer to help our Technical Operations team from our Santa Monica office.
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for a Sr. DevOps Engineer grows with us.
Leaf Group is a diversified Internet company that builds platforms to enable communities of creators to reach passionate audiences in large and growing lifestyle categories. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of art, design and technology. We want people with an intense curiosity, a commitment to high quality service, who embrace the fun of the journey. Come help us disrupt and transform the digital media and art world!
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. We encourage all of our employees to learn and grow personally and professionally so they can assume greater responsibilities and advance their careers within the department or within one of our operating businesses. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
You’ll Report To: Manager, DevOps
A typical day as a Sr. DevOps Engineer might include:
- Working closely with engineering teams across multiple business
- Help maintain a healthy hybrid cloud infrastructure
- Help build and improve infrastructure development workflows
You’ll be successful if you are strong on automation and software driven infrastructure. You have a background in UNIX systems administration/development, with experience in building private/public clouds, as well as high performance computing clusters and/or enterprise server farms.
What You Have:
- 3+ years in a senior level role
- Understanding of the UNIX systems programming and administration philosophy
- Knowledge in systems administration best practices
- Strong Linux working knowledge (preferably RedHat/CentOS family)
- Fluency in one or more of the following scripting/programming languages: Python, Perl, Bash, Go
- Experience with continuous integration practices, pipelines and workflows.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats - no job being too small or too large.
- We're casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. A pleasant and supportive demeanor goes a long way.
- CI/CD (Jenkins, etc...)
- Deployment and automation of applications in AWS platform
- Kubernetes (or any other orchestration frameworks)
- Docker containers, LXC, etc.
- Configuration management (Ansible)
- Storage systems (NetApp, Solidfire)
- Basic DB administration (MySQL, Mongo, any key/value store)
Who We Are:
We create experiences that celebrate the best of art, design, and technology. We want smart, curious people committed to putting people first, having fun while they work, a commitment to high quality service to make things better and a desire for constant growth. We work in a fun, hard-working collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
What We Have:
- BuiltIn LA's 2019 Best Companies to Work For in Los Angeles
- Comparably's 2018 Top Companies to Work for in Los Angeles
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Cool office environment and culture
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.