Cie Digital Labs is looking for a Senior Architect to play a pivotal role in the architecture and programming of our interactive applications and backend systems that support our web and mobile projects. We’re looking for someone who is a creative problem solver, can think out-of-the-box and thrive in a fast-moving, creative company. This candidate will help us grow the next set of future architects and be instrumental in expanding our team.
This is a hands-on role and will require significant research and software development efforts. If you are a self-motivated individual with an exceptional level of attention-to-detail…then APPLY HERE!
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE ACHIEVED IN A YEAR:
- DRIVE TECHNICAL DECISIONS - You will research, evaluate and determine the technical direction for teams and projects throughout the organization.
- A PRO IN MODERN TECHNOLOGY - You will utilize the latest languages, frameworks and environments to delivery first class solutions.
- BUILD APPLICATIONS USED BY THOUSANDS - You will architect and build scalable applications that are used by individuals everywhere.
WHAT YOU’LL DO TO GET THERE:
- End-to-end ownership of application architecture for web projects
- Review high-level product requirements for technical feasibility
- Distill high-level product requirements into technical recommendations (stacks, infrastructure, services)
- Assist in proposal construction through accurate time estimates & technical recommendations
- Participate in performing technical due-diligence on existing/legacy code-bases during integration with partners and startups
- Identify areas of code reusability across projects and across disciplines to develop, maintain and grow a repository of reusable source code in order to increase development velocity
- Create, maintain and update processes to allow bootstrapping of new web projects as quickly as possible
- Assist in building out both the development architecture and underlying infrastructure for a multitude of web-based projects
- Load and performance test applications and identify areas for optimization across the entire technology stack
- Be a mentor to more junior developers working on your projects by setting development schedules, delegating tasks, and reviewing code
- Develop and enforce development standards and best practices for the engineering teams
- Collaborate with frontend, backend and mobile developers internally and client-side in regard to APIs and integrations with their underlying systems
- Collaborate with the various department leads (frontend, backend, mobile, QA) on setting up and maintaining auxiliary platforms to assist with development and deployment (continuous integration, automated deploys, etc.)
- Constantly research changes in the industry as they pertain to software best practices, new technologies and frameworks and everything in between
- Participate and provide feedback in brainstorming sessions and scoping meetings
- Work alongside the Lead Architect and various leads to provide guidance on immediate and long-term strategy towards application development
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCEED:
- 5+ years of experience developing applications on the .NET framework using C# and other server-side technologies
- 4+ years of experience developing web applications using ASP.NET WebForms/ASP.NET MVC and other web server based frameworks
- 5+ years of experience with MS-SQL creating efficient and effective data models in high transaction environments and writing complex queries
- 4+ years of experience developing web services using Web API and/or WCF
- 3+ years modeling APIs using RAML or OpenAPI
- 3+ years of experience with automated builds and deployments (TeamCity, Octopus or similar technologies)
- 3+ years of experience utilizing PaaS and IaaS services on AWS, Azure and/or Google Cloud Platform
- Extensive experience with Git is required
- Extensive experience with unit and integration testing is required
- Extensive experience with load and performance testing is required
- Experience with Redis is a plus
- Experience with MongoDB and other NoSQL databases is a plus
- Experience with PostgreSQL and MySQL is a plus
- Extensive experience with development across all application layers (data, business logic, user interface development)
- Comfortable working in an agile-based team environment with a start-up culture
- Proven communication skills and the ability to work with a variety of personality types
- The drive and ability to learn new technologies and adapt to new projects
- Must be able to clearly communicate technical challenges to business units
- Excellent teamwork skills with an ability to get the work done with minimal supervision
- You must be creative, focused, results-oriented, self-motivated, and a resourceful problem-solver.
WHAT WE OFFER: (Link to Article)
At Cie Digital Lab’s, we’re looking for fun, bright, independent, self-motivated, and experienced people who have a passion for building disruptive technology. Our compensation packages consist of salary and equity, and are commensurate with accomplishment. We offer a full suite of benefits.
- Competitive salary: Based on experience and performance.
- Ownership: The right candidate will have the opportunity to work in an exciting start-up environment with accelerated vertical growth. You’ll work with a smart group of driven and talented project and account managers, designers, and developers.
- Health/Benefits: Full suite of benefits including Medical, Dental, Visual, Life, Paid Vacation and a 401k matched.
- The Right Gear: All the bells and whistles you need to drive results.
- The Right Culture: Frequent Team events and friendly competition. Yeah, we love ping pong too. Tourney day is right around the corner…
- Free Food/Drinks: Catered lunches, stocked pantries, fridges and unlimited coffee.
- Fitness: There’s an outfitted gym at your disposal.
- Location: With new offices in Irvine, CA, our beautiful open work space is in a building with a florist, salon/barber, café/bar (with an amazing happy hour), free parking, and game room!
Read Full Job Description