Software Test Engineer
We are seeking an experienced Software Test Engineer to join our world-class Test Engineering team in making the hyperloop a reality. This individual will work closely with Software & Test Engineers in a fast-paced, agile environment during product development and V&V activities.
Test Engineering is responsible for developing, enforcing and implementing testing requirements and rigor as defined in cooperation with the Hyperloop One Safety/Certification team; design and implementation of testing equipment, instrumentation, facilities, procedures, processes, documentation including data management, safety protocols, prototype testing, life-cycle verification and oversight of all testing operations
- Work with internal and external customers to develop test plans to meet testing needs in a realistic and achievable manner.
- Work closely with Software and Systems Engineering to define requirements and specification for testing, verification and validation.
- Responsible for devising and executing automated and manual tests to verify and validate software products on the hyperloop system.
- Manage test programs from test planning, test execution, to data reporting.
- Troubleshoot issues encountered during testing.
- Develop automated scripts for software testing.
- Willing to be hands-on with laboratory equipment and enjoy working in a highly integrated software/hardware environment.
- Possesses strong interpersonal and technical communication skills.
- Highly collaborative; able to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Solid test industry experience with emphasis on embedded software testing.
- Exhibits a high level of technical understanding of agile software development & testing methodologies.
- Good understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Experience in developing & implementing automation tools/test scripts.
- Proficiency in at least one scripting language.
- Capable of creating and managing detailed test programs in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
- Experience working in a highly integrated Software/Hardware environment.
- Flexible to travel (~25%) to support testing at our Las Vegas facility as needed
- B.S. or M.S. or advanced degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent field.
- Familiarity with testing & qualifying safety-critical software.
- Familiarity with Object-Oriented Programing (C,C++,Java,etc.).
- Familiarity working with Real-time operating systems (RTOS).
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation. We may access publicly available information as part of your application. For full information on how your personal information will be stored and processed, please click here.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Hyperloop One does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Virgin Hyperloop One employees or any other company location. Virgin Hyperloop One is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.