Software Quality Engineer ll
Centerfield drives more than two million sales each year for residential services, business services and telecommunications brands such as AT&T, Charter Spectrum and Frontier Communications. Our technology platform, Dugout, and leading consumer guides engage with in-market consumers to help them purchase the right product or service, including internet connections, TV plans, phone, and security, for their home and business.
Centerfield Media is looking to fill a Software Quality Engineer ll position on their technology team to collaborate with project owners, developers and other stake holders to ensure systems and documents are developed according to Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) requirements. The SQE will plan testing execution projects, create Test Plans, create Automated Test Cases, execute Test Cases and review other Test Plans for accuracy.
- Works with the product owners to aggregate business requirements.
- Documents and builds Functional Test Plans which encompass the business requirements specific to each application.
- Organizes and records detailed test results; provides reports of results and project status.
- Works with project teams through the design and test stages to ensure strict adherence to business requirements.
- Logs detailed and accurate defect reports and follows the defects through to resolution and closure.
- Works within Engineering to improve the quality of project documents and systems documentation.
- Assists in the identification and design of automated processes to increase testing efficiency and reliability.
- Writes code which is readable, scalable, & flexible to automatically test various different application types such as web & API.
- Monitors and reviews other team members' Test Procedures (TPs).
- Serves as a resource to the team in the resolution of complex business or technical issues.
- Ensures adherence to Information Technology project management methodologies; plans testing execution projects and provides labor and resource estimates that meet Quality Assurance Service Level Agreements (SLAs); adheres to SDLC processes and procedures.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with software quality assurance required
- Business requirements analysis
- Test case identification
- Test plan creation, prioritization and execution
- Tracking of defects and reporting of results
- Solid experience using selenium webdriver for automating test case scenarios
- Strong experience with coding (i.e. C#, Python, Java) automated test cases for web & API with various automation tools and frameworks
- Experience executing automated scripts
- Experience creating performance tests with tools such as Jmeter
- Experience working with Oracle or SQL databases
- Understanding of all phases of SDLC
- Experience working in an Agile/SCRUM environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication and management skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and troubleshooting
- Competitive salary + profit sharing bonus
- Unlimited PTO - Take a break when you need it!
- 401K company match plan – fully vested day 1
- Free lunch
- Award winning culture & unprecedented team spirit
- Fully stocked break rooms with drinks & snacks
- Free onsite gym & weekly in office exercise classes (yoga, kickboxing & circuit training)
- Generous parental leave
- Paid volunteer days
- Monthly team outings (Ball games, happy hours, hikes, etc.)