Software QA Automation Engineer
Enervee is looking for an experienced Software QA Automation Engineer to join our team. We use some of the latest tools to automate the testing of our products, such as Ghost Inspector for testing the UI/UX, Runscope for testing API's, and Rainforest QA for crowd sourced manual testing.
It's worth noting that although we have QA tools and processes in place, we don't have a formal QA team within our organization. We're looking to change that, and we have officially opened our doors to start building out our QA team. If you're looking to make a major impact and help shape how QA works within an agile and collaborative company, you've found the right place!
We are a small company of about 50 people. Our tech department currently consists of about 20 people and our tech team is divided amongst 3 different scrum teams. 2 teams are focused on our core Marketplace and Cars products, and the other team is focused on building out a product called Home. This QA role will sit on one of our Marketplace/Cars teams.
You will be reporting directly to the CTO.
What you'll do:
- Help us automate all the things!
- Ensure that when we create a release branch, a full regression test of that branch passes within a day. After we meet that goal, lets get it down to 1 hour. After we meet that goal, lets get regression tests running after every merge into our master branch and then start doing continuous delivery with confidence.
- Put tools/processes in place to ensure when someone on our team breaks an existing feature, that team member is notified and the issue can be addressed immediately, before it even reaches regression testing.
- Oversee management of all our current QA tools
- Rainforest QA for manual, crowd sourced, testing
- Ghost Inspector for front end testing
- Runscope for API testing
- Redash for database testing
- Work with our team to trouble-shoot test failures in the various test environments. This may include trouble-shooting database issues using SQL queries, reviewing web server and application server logs, etc.
- Own the quality of our software at Enervee. Our development team is asked to move fast, so lets help them move fast, but with an emphasis on improving the quality and reliability of our products.
- Help us pick new tools and decide on new processes that help improve how we do QA at Enervee
- Must be located in Southern California and able to commute to our office in Culver City
- 5+ years of experience working in a software QA role
- 3+ years of experience working on QA automation
- Experience working in an agile (scrum) software development team
- Knowledge of writing SQL queries
- Knowledge of testing RESTful API's
- Experience with MacOS (you'll get a 15" MacBook Pro)
- Desire to work in an entrepreneurial environment (fast paced and business goals changing quickly)
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, Physics, or equivalent