Software Engineering Manager - Mobile
Hallmark Labs is a subsidiary of Hallmark Cards, Inc based in Santa Monica, California.
We currently operate two digital subscription services, Hallmark Movies Now and
Hallmark eCards, as well as ongoing initiatives in personalized, print-on-demand
greeting cards. We are a diverse team of innovators, creators and influencers
leveraging Hallmark’s deep experience in creating meaningful connections and
progressing it into the digital age with cutting-edge technology.
Are you great at what you do and passionate about your work? Are you honest and
Are you a self- motivated, go-getter that likes to have fun?
If so, you are in the right place.
What we're looking for:
As a Software Engineering Manager – Mobile for Hallmark Labs, you will be responsible for leading a team of onsite and remote mobile engineers working on Hallmark video streaming and digital greetings apps. A successful candidate will have strong technical skills, great project management skills, great communication skills, and the ability to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
The candidate will also be able to do hands-on coding when needed, provide guidance for integrations with external partners, and provide guidance to continually improve our codebase.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- 3+ years of hands-on technical management
- 5+ years coding in one or more of the following languages:
- Java, Kotlin, Swift, Objective-C
- MS/MA degree in Computer Science or related fields
- 10+ years of software engineering experience
- 5+ years of hands-on technical management
- 10+ years coding in one or more of the following languages:
- Java, Kotlin, Swift, Objective-C
- Deep knowledge of iOS/Android development as well as emerging mobile trends
- Demonstrated ability to recruit and manage technical teams, including performance management
- Demonstrated ability to work with and influence other peer technical teams
- Developed and launched large scale consumer mobile apps with the backend on Cloud infrastructure (AWS or Google Cloud) using microservices architecture paradigm
- Working knowledge in REST API development for mobile/web use
- Expert proficiency in Agile development process
- Excellent ability to prioritize and communicate in a fast-paced environment
This is a progressive role that will be filled at the level based on the skills and experience of the selected candidate. Please include a portfolio/link displaying clear evidence of the elements listed above, if necessary. Be prepared to explain your contribution, process and rationale for the projects you show.
To be considered for this position you must also show how you meet the Basic Qualifications of the job in a resume or document you upload, or by completing the work experience and education application fields. Accepted file types are Microsoft Word (DOC or DOCX), PDF, HTML, or TXT. Individual file size attachment limit is 10 MB.
In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Hallmark Cards, Inc. and its subsidiary companies will hire only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. Hallmark does not generally provide sponsorship for employment. Employment by Hallmark is contingent upon the signing of the Employment Agreement, signing of an agreement to arbitrate in connection with the Hallmark Dispute Resolution Program, completing Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, passing the urinalysis drug screen, education verification and satisfactory reference and background checks.
Excellent medical benefits
401(k) match up to 5%
Life insurance policy for every employee, at no cost
Cell phone and home internet reimbursement
Carpool and parking pass cash-out program
Generous maternity/paternity leave
Employee assistance programs
Fully stocked kitchen with fresh fruit and delicious snacks and beverages
Monthly catered lunches
Soft serve machine 24/7
Great eateries close by, oh, and we're near the beach!
Massage chairs and bicycles
Onsite free parking
Flexible work hours
Hallmark Labs is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally-protected status. Principals only please.