System1 is looking for a strong individual contributor working in a Python environment who is looking to make the next step in their career and become a Technical Lead for our Back End engineering team! In this role, you will design, build, operate, debug, optimize, and deploy sophisticated web-based systems with a growing team of talented engineers. You will manipulate and leverage datasets to extract valuable insights coming from millions of user requests. The ideal person will not only be an expert software developer with both backend and some full stack knowledge, but also a collaborative team player with infectious energy.
Our platform interacts with tens of million of users per month, and our mission is to develop user interfaces that provide an intuitive user interaction and dramatically enhance the overall user experience. In this role, your contributions will be extremely visible and have a direct impact on a large user base. We experiment with and optimize all our user interfaces, and we actively find the most effective layouts via extensive A/B testing. Our design life-cycle is consistently driven by quantitative data analysis in order to measure and maximize user impact. You will utilize core software development skills to create user-facing applications and tools that will assist partners in optimizing their use of our innovative analytics platform.
What You Will Do
- Re-architect a significant portion of System1’s platform and ad servers into having a more service-oriented design
- Design and implement algorithms to efficiently process, analyze, and serve massive datasets
- Work with Business, Product, and Engineering stakeholders to take projects through the full engineering lifecycle
- Practice code reviews, unit tests, integration tests, and end to end tests in a continuous integration environment
- Help grow a team and work with a tight knit group of engineers and data stakeholders
What You Will Bring
- 3-5+ years of full-time experience in a Python development environment required (Python, Jinja, Flask, etc.)
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or equivalent work experience; Master's degree a plus
- Operational proficiency with SQL is a plus
- Experience building scalable and reliable products in the cloud
- Experience with designing, implementing, and using RESTful APIs
- Good diagnostic and debugging skills
What We Have to Offer
- Free Uber/Lyft to and from work every day!
- Collegial and collaborative team with highly intelligent and motivated coworkers
- Cross-team lunches and demos to foster learning
- Unlimited Paid Sick Time, Competitive PTO and Benefits package
- Daily catered meals and fully stocked kitchen
- Bi-weekly happy hour at various bars, restaurants, and venues across Los Angeles
- Bi-weekly onsite happy hour
- Catered dinner on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Weekly fitness class with private trainer: high intensity training, yoga, beach volleyball, beach soccer, ultimate frisbee
- Company parties and outings: Skyzone indoor skydiving, Medieval Times, Karaoke, etc.
Related Searches: Senior Software Engineer, Backend Developer, Senior Software Developer, Lead Engineer, Lead Developer , Tech Lead, Sr. Software Engineer, Sr. Full Stack Developer, Sr. Full Stack Engineer, Full Stack, Lead Full Stack Developer, Full Stack, Python Developer, Sr. Python Engineer, Senior Python Developer, Lead Python Developer, Back End Developer, Front End Developer,