Interested in the gig? Here's what you'll do:
- Build applications and develop our vertically integrated solutions from the group;
- Innovate technical design and systems architecture across services and applications;
- Work with in-house and external developers, architects, and product managers to build multiple platforms;
- Maintain a keen focus on end-to-end platform performance;
- Define systems architecture and design, and evaluate feasibility and sustainability;
- Partner with product management to lead technical requirements.
JOANY Culture: What we look for:
- Judgment. You identify root causes, and get beyond treating symptoms. You think strategically, and can articulate what you are (and are not) trying to do.
- Communication. You are concise and articulate in speech and writing. You listen well, instead of reacting fast, so you can better understand.
- Impact. You accomplish amazing amounts of important work. You focus on great results rather than on process.
- Selflessness. You are ego-less when searching for the best ideas. You make time to help colleagues.
- Innovation. You create new ideas that prove useful. You challenge prevailing assumptions when warranted, and suggest better approaches.
- Courage. You say what you think even if it is controversial. You make tough decisions without excessive agonizing.
- Honesty. You are quick to admit mistakes. You only say things about fellow employees you will say to their face.
What you'll bring:
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience;
- 2+ years of production coding experience (we use Ruby);
- Experience with all aspects of software development, deployment and maintenance;
- Solid understanding of object-oriented design;
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills;
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
What you'll get:
- Beautifully Designed Collaborative Space in DTLA
- Competitive Equity and Salary Packages
- Full Coverage Health + Dental Insurance
- Open Time Off
Why JOANY We are a data-driven company with the desire to change the status quo of health care. Together with a relentless focus on customer service, we aim to make health care transparent and easier to navigate. Be a part of something larger than ourselves by helping millions of people across the U.S. get health insurance they can actually use. As an early-stage employee, you will be uniquely positioned to learn extensively while solving complex problems that are impactful to our customers and critical to our company’s success. Work with a team that values respect and emphasizes growth through mentorship rather than management. This is a great opportunity to leverage your skills to have a huge impact on the world. Your creative and technical expertise will directly help consumers across the U.S. get the care that they deserve. JOANY is an equal opportunity employer. #joinusatJOANY