Software Engineer, Tech Lead Manager
Our development team works on the entire tech stack (from low level database operations to front end development) for a large cloud based enterprise application for the construction industry. Engineers work with all of our departments from sales, account management, support and product; with a strong emphasis on the ability to speak with clients to understand user needs. Our tools of choice are Ruby on Rails, ReactJS, PostgreSQL, on Rackspace Private Cloud. Our mobile apps provide access to many of Procore’s tools on iOS, Android, and Windows.
What you'll do:
As a Technical Lead Manager (TLM), you’ll build both people and product. This is a hands-on role, spending half of your time leading technical direction while coding and the other growing a small team of engineers. The role is ideal for someone who enjoys customer consuming features and has a strong vision for managing a team, but also doesn’t want to get too far from the code.
You’ll provide professional development and guidance to 1-3 direct reports, and lead projects such as:
- Creating consistent experiences across our platforms of Web, iOS, Android and Windows on app-wide features such as account set-up and trials, notifications, internationalization and reporting
- Working cross functionally to ensure your product solves the problem in a scalable manner, providing quality APIs for our engineers and external developers alike
- Enable business initiatives to be met by doing the following:
- Make trade-offs that balance business goals against choice of technology and design patterns
- Aid in system architecture & design decisions when planning projects
- Coordinate cross-team initiatives
- Contribute to feature implementations within your product area
- Code with performance, scalability, and usability in mind
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years experience in web development
- 1+ years technical manager and/or team lead
- Proficiency with Ruby on Rails or similar technology
- Experience fostering a strong engineering culture in an agile environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- You thrive when developing great people, not just great products
- HTML5 & CSS3
- Collaboration/contributions with the open source community
- Experience building service oriented architectures
- DevOps experience
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. To learn more about our team, click here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.