Software Engineer, Full Stack
What if Alexa, Siri or Watson were any good at holding conversations? What if that conversation can be used for improving a child’s educational development and help them do better in school? What if you had a hand in making that happen?
Who We Are:
DMAI is an early-stage startup committed to developing top-notch Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies for education. As a team of UCLA and Harvard alumni including post-docs, PhDs, and undergrads, we’re looking for highly motivated individuals that are willing to develop creative solutions. At DMAI, you’ll work alongside a growing team of experienced researchers and accomplished entrepreneurs in Computer Vision, NLP, and unified AI.
Where We Are:
DMAI’s office is located in the heart of the Westwood Village area of Los Angeles. We are less than a mile away from UCLA and a short ride to Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, and the Los Angeles Airport. Westwood Village provides all the best that LA has to offer in a relaxed, neighborhood atmosphere.
Who You Are:
You are a team player that is able not just to survive in a fast-paced startup environment but thrive. You’re able to execute tasks efficiently, communicate effectively, and own your work. You’re passionate about the potential for AI in education and want to lead the charge in building it. Finally,you’vehad ample experience afullstacksoftware engineer and are eager to scale up our platform to thousands of users.
- 3+ years of Node.js software development experience
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Proficient in web frameworks such as express
- Experience in a GNU/Linux environment
- Able to showcase a portfolio of previous work
- Comfortable with CI/CD
- Experience with AWS or GCPdeployments
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related field
- Familiarity with GraphQL and Apollo Contributor to an open source project
- Comfortable with full stack web development
- Able to write extensive unit and integration tests for your code
- Intuitive in troubleshooting and debugging a variety of software stacks
- Passionate about Artificial Intelligence and education
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary and Equity
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA Option
- Generous PTO
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Commuter Benefits
- Dog Friendly Office
- Office Snacks, Drinks and Fruit
- A team culture that celebrates each member’s contribution!
You Should Know: