Software Engineer - Backend
Beyond Limits is seeking a creative and passionate Software Engineer to join our team. This position entails working within teams to build out cutting edge software systems interfacing with cutting-edge A.I. (Artificial Intelligence) technologies. This role has exposure to many different technologies and business verticals creating huge room for learning and professional growth.
- Implement RESTful APIs defined by the system architect.
- Evaluate and improve existing algorithms for production deployment.
- Implement scalable web microservices for deployment using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Attend daily stand-ups led by TPM.
- Write clean testable code.
- 3-5 years of software design and development experience, strong fundamentals in computer science with experience in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related degree.
- Experience with at least one of the following programming languages required: Python, Go, Java.
- Have the willingness and ability to learn new programming languages, tools and methodologies.
- Has the ability to work independently in a project, with a strong ability to problem solve.
- Experience in developing web APIs using any framework allowing web-service or RESTful endpoints required.
- Be familiar with RESTful API designs.
- Familiarity with relational databases use of such technologies, including MySQL, PostGRES, Oracle, Microsoft SQL, or Aurora.
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases like MongoDB, Cassandra, CouchDB, and/or Elasticsearch.
- Familiarity using Amazon Web Service tools.
About Beyond Limits
Beyond Limits is a pioneering Artificial Intelligence company with a technology history in Space Exploration. A satellite of NASA's Jet Propulsion Lab and Caltech, Beyond Limits provides advanced intelligence solutions that go far beyond conventional AI. Our cognitive computing technology mimics human thought processes and provides autonomous reasoning to aid human-like decision-making.
Beyond Limits provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Beyond Limits complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Beyond Limits expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Beyond Limit’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.