Software Engineer 3
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
Helping people find the best car and deal, period.
You will be using Java and a wide spectrum of NoSQL and SQL datastores among other technologies to build fast, resilient, and scalable microservice APIs to provide Data as a Service (DaaS). These services are further used to build customer experiences for millions of people to find the best deals. Come join a dynamic team who is thinking about the most scalable web solutions every single day.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and support software systems and tools to ingest, process, and convert raw data into enriched domain objects.
- Develop highly scalable and resilient microservice APIs adopting standard design patterns and techniques.
- Engineer and deploy multiple systems and processes across a spectrum of services following Cloud First Strategy.
What You Need:
- Proficiency in Java programming is desired with experience using the Spring framework along with an understanding of when to apply different Object Oriented Programming principles.
- Understanding of microservice APIs and exposure to relational and/or non-relational databases.
- A passion to never stop learning - our stack is constantly evolving
Why do you want this job?
- Our stack is constantly evolving! We don’t have a stodgy attitude to technology, and you can help shape our future stack.
- Our people! You’ll get to work with talented people
- Your impact! You will have a tangible impact on the company and the car buying process in the United States (think big!)
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.