Sensor and Instrumentation Engineer
The Electromagnetic Systems division is responsible for the design and development of the Hyperloop Propulsion Motor, Levitation and Guidance Systems. These systems are all electromechanical in nature and are designed by a highly cross-functional team of exceptional engineers in the areas of Electromagnetics, Mechanical Design, Heat Transfer, Materials Science, Testing, Controls and Embedded Systems, and Electrical System Modeling. We are seeking candidates with broad skillsets and various levels of experience to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work on one of the most challenging transportation applications on Earth, from right here at our Los Angeles facility.
The Sensors and Instrumentation Engineer is responsible for:
- Specify, select, and purchase electronic sensors for test rigs and production-intent hardware.
- Work with Test & Dev and Embedded Software groups to ensure installation and use succeeds.
- Help build proof of concept electronics for new platforms and sensor types.
- Supervise practical testing of levitation, guidance and propulsion electronics and physical rigs.
- Ensure MIL, SIL, and HIL testing represents real sensor behavior and limitations.
- Track and communicate new requirements and test results to relevant groups.
- Document and interpret data from tests, and design new ones.
- Team oriented: you are comfortable and energized by working in a team with a wide variety of backgrounds and skillsets. You welcome constructive feedback and different perspectives. You desire to truly understand the goals and needs of your teammates.
- Dynamic and creative: you thrive in a fast-paced environment where several interdependent technologies are being developed simultaneously. You welcome the challenge of generating ideas and performing analysis based on inputs and requirements that are subject to change.
- Ability to make decisions, and effectively lead tasks and meet challenging deadlines with general requirements and wide responsibility.
- Experience developing a product from concept to production.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to understand and interpret a variety of abstract and concrete variables and provide solutions to difficult problem.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- BS or MS Degree in EE, Mechatronics or equivalent field.
- Experience in scientific or advanced industry measurement equipment (NIST, SIL, metrology).
- Experience in packaging, EMC, and connector requirements.
- Experience with electronics and sensor vendors and purchasing.
- Proven experience delivering custom electronic assemblies.
- Embedded software development background.
- Data-bus or embedded networking experience.
- Signal processing background.
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Hyperloop One does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Virgin Hyperloop One employees or any other company location. Virgin Hyperloop One is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.