Senior System Safety Assurance Engineer
The Senior System Safety Assurance Engineer is responsible for performance of risk analyses and hazard analyses for integrated systems, as directed by the System Safety Assurance Manager/Director of Safety & Mission Assurance. The Senior System Safety Assurance Engineer will contribute to the development of safety cases and validation reports relating to system safety.
The Senior System Safety Assurance Engineer must be a self-starter and able to work independently; Flexibility, relationship building, communication skills and time management are essential to success in this position.
- Execute hazard analyses required to support identification of safety requirements in accordance with business standards and program / product objectives.
- Development of specific application, generic application and generic product safety cases.
- Prepare and present technical data to internal and external customers.
- Document and communicate results of technical data generated.
- Participate in teams assigned to address specific organizational initiatives
- To co-ordinate the timely production of the necessary design safety documentation, especially the relevant safety cases and related documentation for approval milestones.
- Conduct/facilitate PHA, FMEA, Fault Tree Analysis and other safety studies with Engineering groups.
- Develop and maintain Hazard Log.
- Share information and promote open dialogue.
- Proven experience in system safety engineering.
- Familiarity with design, test and analysis tools and systems.
- Familiarity with Hazard Analysis per IEEE 1483:2000, MIL STD 882E and/or CENELEC 50126, 50128, and 50129.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- BS degree in an engineering discipline or related field.
- Ability to work independently, within a team, and with other groups.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to dialogue, negotiate, influence and work with other collaboratively and constructively.
- Strategic Focus/Vision to translate vision and strategy into a clear, actionable goals.
- 8+ years of proven experience in aerospace or rail industry.
- MS and/or PhD in an engineering discipline or a related field.