Senior Supplier Quality Engineer
This position is responsible for the maintenance and improvement of the Quality Management System. Acts as a primary interface for VHO regarding quality systems and product quality matters between departments and with external customers and accrediting bodies.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the optimization of more quality-enhanced and cost-efficient processes from new product generation through commercialization. The role includes assurance of incoming material & subsystem quality, dealing with purchased components/sub-assemblies and devices, and interfacing between Materials, Manufacturing, Engineering Quality Assurance, and suppliers. Additional key responsibilities include:
• Liaises between suppliers and Engineering during the Design & Development process to facilitate Design for Manufacturing
• Liaises between suppliers and Purchasing and Materials Management during the Manufacturing to facilitate Continuous Flow
• Perform annual audits to monitor supplier QMS (Quality Management System) compliance and effectiveness
• Prepare and complete FAIR (First Article Inspection Reports) per AS9100 (AS9102)
• Follows general inspection guidelines to conduct critical non-routine visual, dimensional, mechanical, electrical test and functional inspection on a wide variety of components, assemblies, equipment, systems, supplies and materials
• Performs complex and critical inspection procedures, requiring special set-ups of new or unique equipment and interpretation of test data from a variety of sources
• Conducts Receiving inspection of mechanical, optical and electronic parts and assemblies
• Develop appropriate control plans and inspection methods to maintain process controls
• Support ISO 9001 certification in appropriate business units and factories
• Lead problem definition and reactive problem solving through containment, identification of root cause and corrective action with Supplier Corrective Action Request
• Participate as a member within Change Control Board (CCB) and Material Review Board (MRB); role is interchangeable with QAE when required
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language and visuals
• Highly self-motivated and directed
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Proficient with PC tools such as Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, & Project
• Fluent in English, written and verbal
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and specifications
• Ability to effectively use measuring equipment: Optical Comparator, calipers, height gauges, micrometers, indicators, etc.
• Ability to grasp or manipulate objects with one or both hands.
• Ability to stand, walk, sit, use office equipment, and lift 50-100 pounds in the course of normal duties.
• Ability to see details at close range (near vision). Annual eye exam required.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in a field related to Industrial Engineering, Industrial Technology, Metallurgy or Mechanical Engineering
• Working knowledge of Quality Systems such as ISO9000, AS9100, and TS16949
• GD&T (ASME Y14.5-2009) trained / qualified.
• Aerospace and/or Automotive Manufacturing environment
• Basic understanding of mechanical machining, fabricating, plating and assembly processes
• Proven experience with problem solving techniques - Six-Sigma, 8-Discipline, Pareto Charts, Regression Analysis
• Professional Quality Certifications Preferred (ASQ CQE, CRE, CQA or Lean/6 Sigma)
• FAA A&P Mechanic
• CMM Operational and Programming preferred
• GD&T (ASME Y14.5-2018) trained / qualified.
• Previously certified DER (Designated Engineering Representative) or DMIR (Designated Manufacturing Inspection Representatives