Senior Software Engineer
At Rapid7 we want Product Engineers, not just Software Engineers. For us it is beyond coding, it is about providing value to our customers and making an impact, so we ask every engineer to have a voice in what and how we build things. We want passionate and humble individuals that want to make a difference in the DevOps, IT and Security industries. You don't need prior security knowledge, our primary challenges on the core engineering team are data pipelining, attribution, visualization and scale.
Join the security software revolution at Rapid7, building amazing user experiences with cutting edge technologies. As a member of the Threat Exposure Management team in Los Angeles, California you will work on security analytics and data visualizations. We seek self-organized, highly motivated team members passionate about solving difficult problems and making a difference.
You are passionate about making an impact and building the next big thing in security. You are excited to help customers identify key security insights that provide oh s**t moments while maintaining the confidence and reliability expected from an enterprise application. You are a problem solver, passionate about hard problems, and driven to stay up on the latest technologies. This is an exciting opportunity to work on a cloud-based, SAAS product and is open to enthusiastic and talented developers.
- BS/MS in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- Dedication, passion, and an eagerness to learn and improve
- Desire to mentor engineers through technical support and career development
- 4+ years of software development experience with an OO language (e.g. Java)
- Experience in design and implementation of highly-scalable systems
- Proven experience in problem-solving with little supervision
- Demonstrated mastery of English language communication skills - written and verbal