Senior Software Engineer - Platform (Remote OK)
Greater LA Area
NEXT Trucking is a venture-backed company boldly taking on the challenge of digitizing the $800B freight trucking industry. Our technology is transforming the way shippers and truckers engage and communicate by creating a platform where shippers can instantly find truckers with capacity and have real time tracking updates and transparency with the movement of their freight throughout the entire shipping process.
NEXT was founded by Lidia Yan and Elton Chung with over 20+ years of experience in logistics and technology. We have raised a total of $125M from investors like Sequoia and Brookfield. We have assembled a team with experience from companies such as Airbnb, Amazon, Apple, CH Robinson, Google, Salesforce, Snap, and Uber. Come join us as we innovate the transportation industry.
About The Role:
The mission of the Platform Engineering Team at Next Trucking is to provide product platform APIs, delivery pipeline tools, and infrastructure that enable the application development teams to deliver product and value to our customers rapidly, reliably, and painlessly.
In this role, you will be building the platform technology and infrastructure that drives Next Trucking's product delivery. Creating reliable, performant, and scalable services requires deep technical expertise and a strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals. You will be applying this expertise to build the platform on which all of Next Trucking's applications are built. You will be working cross-functionally within engineering and product to align the technology being built with the product strategy and vision by establishing best practices, demonstrating technical leadership, and build high performant APIs. You will expand and mature our software delivery pipeline to support an ever growing team of engineers. You will be joining a mission driven team that values getting things done, learning, and building a strong engineering focused culture.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for the craft of software development. This person has been a multiplier for engineering teams and has a track record of delivering exceptional technical solutions in a fast-paced high growth software company. This person thrives in a start-up environment where every individual has a significant impact on the technology and is empowered to make decisions and get things done.
**Remote work is OK**
What You'll Have
- 7+ years of full stack engineering experience
- Track record of delivering products within a service oriented, microservice, or other modern architecture
- Meaningful hands-on experience leveraging cloud infrastructure, implementing or utilizing CI/CD pipelines or operational tooling for large software systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and able to communicate effectively to technical and non-technical team members
- Motivated by a sense of urgency and ownership
- BS Degree in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent professional experience
- Graduate degree in Computer Science
- Proven track record of delivering event streaming architectures
- Hands-on experience in operating software systems in AWS
- Engaged in the open source software community
- Strong sense of customer empathy
- In love with coding
What You'll Receive
- Competitive Base Salary + Equity
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- 401K w/ company match
- Vacation and holidays
- Fun perks: open office, dog-friendly, unlimited snacks, and monthly catered lunches!
- Join a rapidly growing technology company disrupting the trucking industry
NEXT is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected]
To all recruitment agencies: NEXT does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, NEXT employees or any other organization location. NEXT is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description