Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack
We are seeking a full-stack Senior Software Engineer with hands on experience in full life cycle application development. The position entails working across the tech stack in a fast-paced environment building multiple tiers of software systems that interface with cutting-edge A.I. (Artificial Intelligence) technologies. As a full stack engineer you will also have the opportunity to mentor other engineers, create best practices, and help lead projects through multiple stages of development.
- Work alongside TPM to design and implement features defined by project requirements
- Implement prototype UI designs and wireframes into front-end code with React
- Design and configure security conscious backend services
- Attend daily stand-ups led by TPM
- Write clean testable code
- 6+ years of software design and development experience with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related degree.
- Proficient in all application layers, including front end, middle tier/server side, and database layer.
- Ability to demonstrate working knowledge with at least one (preferably two) of the following back-end languages: Python, Scala, Java or Go.
- Experience in the development of RESTful APIs and endpoints.
- Expertise with source control tools (Git) and project management tools (Jira).
- Experience with both front end and back end unit testing.
- Prior experience with Scrum teams developing customer facing web applications.
- Prior experience performing code reviews.
- Willingness and ability to quickly learn new tools and methodologies highly desired.
- Experience with NoSQL database technologies, including MongoDB, Cassandra and ElasticSearch.
- Experience working with Webpack, Babel or NPM.
- Experience with continuous integration.
- Familiarity or working knowledge of machine learning tool sets and/or algorithms.
- Familiarity of modern messaging frameworks such as Kafka, Pulsar and/or RabbitMQ.
About Beyond Limits
Beyond Limits is a pioneering Artificial Intelligence company with a technology legacy in Space Exploration. A spinoff of NASA's Jet Propulsion Lab and Caltech, Beyond Limits provides advanced intelligence solutions that go far beyond conventional AI. Our cognitive computing technology mimics human thought processes and provides autonomous reasoning to aid human-like decision-making.
Beyond Limits provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Beyond Limits complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Beyond Limits expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Beyond Limit’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.