Senior Software Engineer (Full-Stack)
Factual’s “Front Team”, our small band of full-stack developers, is looking to add a senior level contributor & mentor. The Front Team works out of Factual’s Century City headquarters. We’re responsible for Factual’s customer-facing products and tools.
Here’s what your first year with us looks like:
- Drive Forward: Products to build, features to add, systems to hone, breakage to un-break. Your contributions will have impact and be highly visible across the company.
- Decisions: Set high-level direction for our technology and processes. The kind that keep you up at night wondering if you made the right call. (What's next for our Mesosphere? What's our strategy for rolling out the hot new component library across all of Factual? What's the team's technical vision?) You're accountable for the paths you choose and that’s a big deal.
- Standards: It’s a topsy-turvy, PoC, MVP, have-you-shipped-it-yet world. Still, you want to do things the right way — teamwork; planning; risk management; high cohesion & loose coupling; clean code; usability; fun. You’ll help us draw the lines... and hold them.
- DevOps / Deploy: Release early & often; blue-green; rollout switches. Help us evolve our hybrid colo + AWS cloud system. Evaluate our ongoing roadmap for further innovation around Docker, Kubernetes, the HashiCorp stack, and more. Push us to make things better.
- Monitoring: You must know what’s going on with your products, systems, and users. Wield proven tools like InfluxDB, Grafana, and the ELK stack. And whatever else you think will get the job done.
- Mentorship: We're a diverse, tight-knit team, ranging from just-out-of-college to long-time-veteran. We all have more to learn. Teach us what you know.
We're looking for someone who is primarily hands-on, with a CS or STEM degree from a recognized school or comparable skills and experience at a highly selective company. You’ve worked on projects with interesting challenges that ranged throughout the stack, operated at scale, were proactively measured, and mattered to your users.
Crucial for your success on the Front Team:
- A healthy appreciation of the fast-paced and evolving full-stack world
- An ability to thrive on a lively growth-oriented team
- A willingness to provide hands-on guidance
- A driving desire to Get Things Done
Arvin, joined us full time in the Summer of 2017 after graduating from UCLA
Edwin, joined us as a senior engineer in the Summer of 2018
Enyu, joined us full time in the Summer of 2016 after graduating from UCLA
Forrest, started back in 2008
Hao (a.k.a., “HH”), been at Factual since 2008
Joe, joined us full-time in the Summer of 2016, out of UCLA
Laura, joined us full-time in the Summer of 2018, out of MIT
Steven, joined us full-time in the Summer of 2016, out of Cornell
Read what people are saying about us on Glassdoor.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.