Senior Software Engineer, Backend
The Software Engineer, Backend will work to design and implement the operational services required to run a hyperloop. They will integrate with front-end engineers, embedded engineers, devops engineers, and architects to deliver the software that will make Virgin Hyperloop One a reality. We are seeking candidates with various levels of experience to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals at our Los Angeles facility.
- Design, implement, and support back-end services for core transit functions and other operational systems.
- Keep a customer focused mindset, prioritizing developer productivity and application uptime.
- Champion processes and procedures across the organization.
- Work within both agile and waterfall environments with safety-critical and safety-related systems.
- Working proficiency and excellent communication skills in verbal and written English.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language and visuals.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- BS or BA degree in Computer Science or similar field, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with software development in one or more object-oriented programming language.
- Experience working with two or more from the following: web application development, mobile application development, database creation and maintenance, and/or developing large software systems.
- MS degree in Computer Science or similar field.
- 3+ years of industry experience building and maintaining back-end services.
- Successfully delivered and maintained a major cloud service with large numbers of end users.
- Experience defining, developing, and maintaining REST-based interfaces.
- Experience with agile methodologies.
- Experience with containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experience with testing practices.
- Experience with Source Control. (Git, Svn, etc.)
- Experience with relational and no-SQL databases. (MSSQL, MySQL, mongoDB, etc.)
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation. We may access publicly available information as part of your application. For full information on how your personal information will be stored and processed, please click here.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Hyperloop One does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Virgin Hyperloop One employees or any other company location. Virgin Hyperloop One is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.