Senior QA Engineer (DevOps)
As a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer on the Site Reliability team at Procore, you'll be part of the overarching DevOps team that manages our deploy pipeline, operations, security, and infrastructural application challenges for a large cloud-based enterprise construction management application. Within the DevOps team, our SRE team's focus is to combine core engineering, software development, and testing practices to solve operational challenges. More specifically, our Site Reliability QA team members work with all of our departments to verify adequate test coverage for infrastructure changes, advocate for high-performance code changes, and automate repetitive manual processes.
What you'll do:
- Build and execute tests for complex infrastructure changes, including performance, load, and security testing of the Procore app, as well as some of our internal tools.
- Author and test Linux automation tools related to system configuration.
- Analyze and help with debugging complex system behavior, and resolution of performance and application issues.
- Test monitoring solutions and analysis across multiple data centers.
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years experience in testing cloud-based infrastructures.
- Familiarity with Linux (Debian/Ubuntu a plus).
- Obsession with automation and instrumentation.
- Passion for writing clean, readable, maintainable automated tests, preferably in Ruby, but experience with Elixir, Java, Python or comparable language is a plus.
- Ability to dissect complex systems and debug failure scenarios.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work across teams and departments to communicate complex projects and expected deliverables.
Familiarity with any of the following is a plus:
- MVC Web Frameworks (including Ruby on Rails, Django, Phoenix)
- Web servers (Apache, Nginx)
- Cloud Computing (OpenStack, AWS)
- Config Management (including Puppet, Ansible, Salt)
- Containers and Container Management (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experienced in load and performance testing and ability to contribute to performance testing efforts, analyze results, and produce meaningful reports
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.