Senior Power Electronics Engineer
- Lead powertrain power electronics systems integration, including harmonics analysis, stability analysis, short circuit analysis, EMI analysis.
- Design, analyze, and prototype power stage hardware for high power converters.
- Design, analyze, and prototype PCBs for gate drivers and sensor conditioning circuits.
- Perform loss and stress analysis for power semiconductors, capacitors, and other power converter components.
- Develop power electronics modulation, protection, and control algorithms.
- Define test plans to validate designs. Perform and support hardware unit characterization and reliability testing.
- Performance above tasks autonomously with minimum guidance.
- Work in a collaborative and multi-disciplinary team environment to develop state of the art power electronics technology.
The candidate must have product engineering experience in high power electronics converter design.
In addition, the candidate must possess the following characteristics:
- Ability to make decisions, and effectively lead tasks and meet challenging deadlines
- Experience developing a product from concept to production
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand and interpret a variety of abstract and concrete variables and provide solutions to difficult problems
- Hands-on experience with high power converters development and testing
- Hands-on experience with gate driver and sensor conditioning PCBs development
- Solid knowledge of power converter components (e.g., IGBTs, capacitors, magnetics, busbars, sensors, etc.) sizing and loss analysis
- Solid knowledge of power converter modulation and control strategies
- Familiar with circuit board design software, such as Altium, OrCAD
- Familiar with circuit simulation software, such as Simulink, Saber, Simplorer, etc.
- Excellent communication skills
- High power (> 100 kW) power electronics converters development
- Algorithm development using model based code generation
- DC electrical system dynamics
- EMI noise analysis and filter design
- Finite element analysis tools, e.g., Ansys, Comsol