If you ever found yourself paying $40 for a cup of coffee (and you’re not insane) then you’re already familiar with the $33B problem we’re trying to solve - overdrafts (https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-08-04/bank-overdraft-fees-are-here-to-stay).
To fight against that, Dave helps you budget for your upcoming expenses and lets you advance a portion of your paycheck with no interest. Instead of charging interest or predatory fees, Dave lets users decide what is fair to pay. We also plant a tree for every % tip.
We are choosing to build a quality team vs a large team. You will be a formative part of our company culture moving forward. To that point, we want someone that can take ownership of a project from beginning to end and can do it on their own. We’ll be there to support you but not hold your hand.
We are started by a 4X entrepreneur ($85mm exit) and are backed by investors like Mark Cuban, SV Angel, The Chernin Group, David Friedberg, The Kraft Group, SRI, Diplo and more.
Sure, we’ve checked all the boxes you’d expect from a fast-moving startup, but the best thing we can offer you is a supportive environment for learning and opportunities for personal/professional growth.
Dave is looking for a talented Senior Platform Engineer to continue building the foundation that empowers the engineers to build products that help millions of people improve their relationship with money. We're looking for passionate software engineers interested in backend infrastructure, systems, and security. If you're excited to join a tight-knit collaborative team with a mission of helping others, we'd love to hear from you!
- Design, build, and maintain the core infrastructure used by the Dave engineering team
- Develop a strategy to scale the infrastructure with Dave's growth
- Regularly participate in code reviews and other team functions
- Provide technical leadership and assist guiding the team's overall technical direction
- Offer mentorship and pair with other engineers regularly
- 5+ Years of Software Engineering Experience with a focus on Platform and Backend Infrastructure
- Strong CS fundamentals and problem solving skills
- Effective communication skills, a positive attitude, and ability to give and receive constructive feedback.
· Premium PPO Medical and Dental Insurance plan for you and your family
· A brand new computer/equipment of your choosing
· Catered lunch 2x/week
· 1UP Wednesdays where you can teach or learn something new from a fellow Dave
· Flexible vacation time
· Basketball hoop
· Open and creative office space
Dave Inc is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.