Senior JAVA Engineer (Backend)
SteelHouse technology pushes the limits of open source software application development with a strong emphasis on building flexible technology to put the control in our users' hands.
Our core java applications and microservices handle over hundreds of millions requests per day, upon which a platform for real time behavioral marketing is built to drive performance in cross-device advertising. Cassandra and in-house solutions are leveraged heavily to keep attributes and metadata up-to-date to meet the demanding SLAs of rapid response advertising.
- Design and build a robust platform for syncing data with third party vendors in order to create a marketing platform that reaches the right audience, anywhere, anytime
- Leverage third party and company data and architecture to interpret, design, and optimize our product offerings to drive performance
- Collaborate with and explain complex technical issues to Product and Project Managers
- Maintain and enhance existing integrations.
- 3-10 years of Java experience
- 3-7 years experience writing SQL queries and designing database tables
- Knowledge of integration patterns
- Experience using GIT
- Knowledge of HTTP lifecycle
- Knowledge of JUnit and how to write effective test cases
- Comfortable in a Linux/UNIX environment
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases such as Cassandra and Mongo
SteelHouse provides advertising software for direct marketers, agencies, and brands of all sizes. The SteelHouse Advertising Suite provides marketers with everything they need to launch retargeting and prospecting campaigns through display, mobile, and social. The SteelHouse Creative Suite lets anyone create beautiful ads using the content around them. Our solutions give advertisers total transparency and complete control over their campaigns – all with the fastest go-live in the industry.
SteelHouse Wins: built in Los Angeles Top 100 Digital Companies in LA, Hermes Creative Award Winner, Telly Award Bronze Award Winner, AVA Digital Award Platinum Winner, EMA Innovator Award Winner, LA Business Journal's Top Places to Work in LA.
Did We Mention the Gig Comes with a Few Perks?
- Collaborative work environment with friendly people
- Beautiful office with an open floor plan and huge windows
- Transparency-we share very detailed financial info at company meetings
- Investment portfolio- Acorns contribution from SteelHouse
- Competitive compensation
- 100% healthcare coverage
- Open-ended vacation policy with an annual vacation stipend!
- 401k plan
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for dependent, medical and dental care
- Weekly food deliveries, food trucks and outdoor BBQ
- Gated dog run located outside
If you have the qualifications and are a generally awesome person, please send us your resume as soon as possible.